Community discussions

MikroTik App

forkman
just joined
Topic Author

LDP VPLS against HPE Comware switch

Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:36 am

Hello, I am trying to make VPLS tunnel between RouterOS 6.48.1 and HPE Comware 7 switch (HPE 5920AF). HPE switch currently works as MPLS switch and VPLS tunnels are terminated on CCR in the same rack. When I try to make VPLS tunnel on HPE, I am confused about terminology. I can set pw-id (pseudowire ID) but I don't know what is the counterpart in ROS.

When I try to use Cisco style ID (1) on ROS, LDP session become up and targeted but VPLS tunnel is still down. I am not sure if the Link ID on HPE is neccesary but I am not able to contol it.

Is it even possible to make VPLS worring?
[HPE5920-vsi-test]display l2vpn pw verbose
VSI Name: test
  Peer: 192.168.111.1    PW ID: 1
    Signaling Protocol  : LDP
    Link ID             : 256        PW State : Down
    In Label            : 131197     Out Label: 47
    MTU                 : 1500
    PW Attributes       : Main
    VCCV CC             : -
    VCCV BFD            : -
    Tunnel Group ID     : 0x1800000260000000
    Tunnel NHLFE IDs    : 1028

StubArea51
Trainer
Trainer

Re: LDP VPLS against HPE Comware switch

Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:49 pm

Try unchecking the Cisco Style PW ID and use
1:1
for the PW ID on each side.

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Interface/VPLS
vpls-id (AsNum | AsIp; Default: )	Unique number that identifies VPLS tunnel. Encoding is 2byte+4byte or 4byte+2byte number.

Also be sure to specify the transport address as the loopback under LDP interfaces or the VPLS forwarding plane won't come up.

forkman
just joined
Topic Author

Re: LDP VPLS against HPE Comware switch

Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:29 pm

When I try to uncheck Cisco style ID and use ID delimited by colon, nothing changes instead of the remote label in "display l2vpn pw verbose" command on HPE switch, now the remote label is unknown. I think it's worse.

I not an expert on MPLS, but I expect the VPLS elects in and out MPLS labels which are distributed by LDP to all LSRs in MPLS domain. Am I right? No matter what combination of VPLS ID on the ROS I try, the remote label on the VPLS tunnel on the ROS side is always blank. The only value I see on the "status" tab is the local label. The transport, transport address etc. are also empty. What could be wrong?

Loopback address is correctly set under LDP interfaces as transport adress even as LSR ID. Tunnels between ROS works fine.