Community discussions

MikroTik App

markdutton
Topic Author

OSPF re-distributing other OSPF routes when set to no

Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:37 pm

Hi all

Sorry if this is already in the system. I may be wrong here, but if I set Redistribute Other OSPF Routes to no, I should not expect these routes to be propagated to other routers should I?

I have a central router with 2 connected subnets (over IP tunnels) to 2 remote routers. Running all on Area 0. The central router (hub) has a single instance and 2 networks (spoke 1 and spoke 2). I.E. The spokes are not connected directly, but each to the hub.

Each spoke is set to redistribute connected and static routes. The hub does the same (in general terms). I do have some OSPF-OUT filters to limit distribution to just 192.168.0.0/16 subnets. The problem I have is that the hub router is redistributing the learned routes from each spoke to each other spoke, which I didn't really want. So I configured another rule in the OSPF-OUT table to discard OSPF routes. This rule ignored the setting. If I ticked on static and/or connected routes the rule was blocking those, so I am a bit surprised that it would not block OSPF routes. I suspect it would block "OTHER OSPF routes", but that is not really what I want.

Is there a way to get around this limitation?

Mark

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: OSPF re-distributing other OSPF routes when set to no

Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:43 pm

redistribute-other-ospf setting affects only distribution between OSPF instances.

Regarding filters, you can filter only external routes (type-5 lsas).

markdutton
Topic Author

Re: OSPF re-distributing other OSPF routes when set to no

Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:57 am

OK. Thanks for the quick reply.