Community discussions

MikroTik App

ozanoral
just joined
Topic Author

Hairpin mail server not working with VLAN network, using bridge IP firewall enabled

Thu May 20, 2021 11:43 am

Hello,

Here is my before topic so you guys can have a idea about what might be my problem.

"Hello. I have mail server running with domain like mail.mydomain.com. Lets say my static ip is "xx.xx.xx.xx" and mail server local ip address is "yy.yy.yy.yy". What i want to do is redirect requests sent from local network to mail.mydomain.com so "xx.xx.xx.xx" should be redirected to "yy.yy.yy.yy". Someone suggested me that i could use loopback feature but i'm don't used it before and not sure how to do that. Can some show me some examples or lead me if is there a better way to do it? Thanks already."

viewtopic.php?t=165159

After that someone suggested me the hairpin methot and that works fine since then. Now my new problem is i have VLAN network with bridge, IP firewall, IP Vpn Firewall enabled and as i set it up it can reach my mail server with local IP adress but hairpin is not working.( mail.domain.com) If i disable IP firewall from bridge settings it works. How can i solve this issue?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hairpin mail server not working with VLAN network, using bridge IP firewall enabled

Thu May 20, 2021 11:58 am

don't do anything, simply put on dns static entry mail.domain.com with local IP and use Routerboard as DNS resolver fol LAN

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hairpin mail server not working with VLAN network, using bridge IP firewall enabled

Thu May 20, 2021 1:18 pm

/export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish