Community discussions

MikroTik App

trancor
just joined
Topic Author

Reset BGP connection for output.network update in ROSv7?

Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:48 pm

Hi Team,

I must have been one of the lucky ones who lost a post from the last outage :lol:

I have noticed that when you try to update output.network (routing/bgp/networks ROSv6 equivalent) on either template or connection, that the only way the route advertisement is updated, is if you flap the connection. Is this by design or potential bug? Are we still posting bugs for ROSv7 in the BETA page, seeing it is now stable?

Thanks in advance 8)

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Reset BGP connection for output.network update in ROSv7?  [SOLVED]

Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:05 pm

In your config you are saying "use networks from this address list". When connection is established it extracts networks from address lists and uses them. On readvertise or reconnect it will extract networks again and use the new info (if you had made any changes). So it works as expected.

trancor
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Reset BGP connection for output.network update in ROSv7?

Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:14 pm

In your config you are saying "use networks from this address list". When connection is established it extracts networks from address lists and uses them. On readvertise or reconnect it will extract networks again and use the new info (if you had made any changes). So it works as expected.

Perfect! Thanks for the explanation. Now to see if I can automate this behavior :D