Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

druger
just joined
Topic Author

mpls/vpls problem

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:26 pm

hello every one

is there problem when don't using dynamic routing protocol when trying to setup mpls/vpls

i have network with all routes configured statically and i tried to configure a vpls tunnel , for now the vpls tunnel is running but nothing forwarded throw the tunnel ,

I checked in the wiki and every thing seems fine the only deference that i use static routes instead off dynamic routing . is there problem with that ??

regards

Mplsguy
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: mpls/vpls problem

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:23 pm

hello every one

is there problem when don't using dynamic routing protocol when trying to setup mpls/vpls

i have network with all routes configured statically and i tried to configure a vpls tunnel , for now the vpls tunnel is running but nothing forwarded throw the tunnel ,

I checked in the wiki and every thing seems fine the only deference that i use static routes instead off dynamic routing . is there problem with that ??

regards
There is no problem in using static routing for MPLS/VPLS, provided that all necessary routes are there. MPLS actually does not look at from what protocol routes come (except for special BGP route handling). First thing that comes to mind is that probably you do not have complete LSP between VPLS endpoints - meaning there are no proper /32 routes to VPLS endpoints on all routers. If that is the case, this has been discussed in this forum before, e.g. here: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36993

druger
just joined
Topic Author

Re: mpls/vpls problem

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:52 pm

thanks i will look into that thanks again