Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

back
just joined
Topic Author

RB750G switch configuration

Tue May 04, 2010 5:59 am

I am trying to figure out how to utilize the switch chipset features described in the Manual:Switch Chip Features page. I need to do the following and was hoping it could be easily accomplished with in the chipset without having to utilize firewall mangle.

RB750G #1
ether1 - trunk port with tagged packets from ether2/3
ether2 - untagged (connection for data, need vlan 200 tag applied to traffic as it leaves this port destined for ether1 and untagged as it arrives on this port)
ether3 - untagged (connection for voip, need vlan 300 tag applied to traffic as it leaves this port destined for ether1 and untagged as it arrives on this port)

RB750G #2
ether1 - trunk port with tagged packets from ether2/3
ether2 - untagged (connection for data, need vlan 200 tag applied to traffic as it leaves this port destined for ether1 and untagged as it arrives on this port)
ether3 - untagged (connection for voip, need vlan 300 tag applied to traffic as it leaves this port destined for ether1 and untagged as it arrives on this port)

I have tried a number of different variations of what was described in the Manual and have searched the forum for successful examples with no luck. Please only provide feedback regarding how to accomplish this via the /int ether swtich (host, vlan, port, rule) settings. At some point I will also need to set priority to the vlan tagged packets to give higher priority to the voip vlan, but I need to get a working vlan configuration before I can worry about that.

Thanks all!

mag

Re: RB750G switch configuration

Tue May 04, 2010 1:27 pm

back
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 04, 2010 4:01 pm

Mag,

I was unable to assign the same vlan-id to two different ports. Have you tested/verified the following setup?
/interface ethernet switch vlan
add vlan-id=101 ports=1
add vlan-id=101 ports=2

/interface ethernet switch ports
print
set 0 vlan-mode=secure \\ 0 = ether1

back
just joined
Topic Author

Fri May 07, 2010 11:50 pm

After much trial and tribulation, I have a working example of the setup mentioned in the initial post.

Here is the configuration:

/int eth
ether3 master-port = none
ether4 master-port = ether3
ether5 master-port = ether3

/int eth swi port
ether3 = (vlan-mode=secure & vlan-header=add-if-missing)
ether4 = (vlan-mode=fallback & vlan-header=leave-as-is)
ether5 = (vlan-mode=fallback & vlan-header=leave-as-is)

/int eth swi vlan
switch1 = (vlan-id=300 & ports= ether3/ether4)
switch1 = (vlan-id=200 & ports= ether3/ether5)

/int eth swi rule
rule 0 = (ports=ether4 vlan-header=not-present new-vlan-id=300 new-vlan-priority=6)
rule 1 = (ports=ether5 vlan-header=not-present new-vlan-id=200 new-vlan-priority=4)

ENJOY! :)