Community discussions

MikroTik App

exothermic
just joined
Topic Author

Networking Education

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:42 pm

Someone I was working with on a project asked me what I thought about CCNA courses. It turns out his goal isn't specifically cisco, but a better understanding of networking in general. What would you suggest for a great way to get a solid understanding of networking fundamentals? I've learned most of what I know simply by tinkering around and solving my own problems/needs.

If someone isn't at the point yet where they even have those need driven scenarios to experiment with, what would be the next best thing for someone who obviously needs a little structure?

Thanks

Miles

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Networking Education

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:52 pm

In my opinion getting a CCNA would be the way to go. Their training material simply is very thorough. While it is Cisco centric you'll come out of it knowing the fundamentals of TCP/IP in a generic enough fashion that you should be able to apply it to other vendors.
Specific answers require specific questions. When in doubt, post the output of "/ip address print detail", "/ip route print detail", "/interface print detail", "/ip firewall export", and an accurate network diagram.

Terran
just joined

Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:38 pm

Their training material simply is very thorough

Mainale
just joined

Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:11 pm

These courses must be very interesting, but I think they will take too much time. Unfortunately, now I don`t have enough time even for my research paper. I found a good service where I can buy research paper https://www.wiseessays.com/buy-research-papers and I hope it will save my time, as the feedback from their customers is rather positive.

MarthaAustin
just joined

Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:05 am

Hello everyone! Let me join your discussion.
It so happened that I am directly related to the writing service. You do such work and many people know us.
Last edited by MarthaAustin on Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
So recently we published several examples of power point presentation on the website https://www.wiseessays.com/power-point-presentation.