Community discussions

MikroTik App

anius
just joined
Topic Author

Two routers in one subnet

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:12 am

I'm fighting with one problem, I want that HP ProCurve route between VLAN ant Mikrotik only route to WAN and also be DHCP server. My netwok scheme:

Problem is when Mikrotik receive packet and he send this request direct to client and client send packet back to ProCurve and ProCurve send this request to Miktotik... I can fix it by adding to Mikrotik a lot of routes:
ip 192.168.0.1 gw 192.168.0.254
ip 192.168.0.2 gw 192.168.0.254
Maybe there is an easier way?

greencomputing
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Two routers in one subnet

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:06 pm

When you say that mikrotik send packet direct to the client , this means that mikrotik has tre legs one for each VLAN? If so, why you didn't set as gateway on the 3 VLAN clients as default gateway the mikrotik router?
If answer was helpful to you why to not plan to... give me karma :)
greencomputing

--------------------
MTCNA / MTCRE certified Senior Mikrotik Consultant

anius
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:54 pm

For better performance, routing between vlan PorCurve is responsible for manage this traffic so that's why users have ProCurve IP as default GW.
I think I found solutions with dhcp helper. If I'll implement this feature I can make own vlan between ProCurve and Mikrotik and I'll remove all IP address 192.168.x. from Mikrotik...

djdrastic

Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:50 pm

If you can run a DHCP relay agent/dhcp helper on the ProCurve and just create DHCP scopes for each segment on the mikrotik it should work as we do something similar with Server 2008 for centralized ip addressing.Do you have per vlan dns servers or just one central dns server ? Be very watchful of improper/bad firewall configuration that might leave clients not getting dhcp leases in the future if you do such a setup and remember to put in routes back on the mikrotik to get to your vlans.

anius
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:35 am

We have AD DNS for all vlan except guest wifi vlan.

MikroTikIQ
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi...
You should add all three vlan on the router interface that connected to the Switch..
and Ip address on each vlan inteface.
Create three DHCP on each vlan inteface..

And at the switch side you to set the port that connected to the router as Trunk port ..
And create three vlan on HP swiitch
And make one port at least access from those three vlan

Also ad the DHCP setting set your router to give out router IP as gateway..

BR
Ali.