Community discussions

MikroTik App

mauricioisp
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Public IP addresses to host behind a secondary router - BGP?

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:56 am

Hi guys,
I've a network that is currently full NATed, we want to move it to use public IP address to the hosts within the network and I don't want to use NAT 1:1 in all devices, cause I've many routers involved. We've our own AS number and public IP range (190.113.X.0/22) granted by LACNIC, so, we've 1024 addresses. I've a CCR1016 to act as the EdgeRouter and a Cisco 2900 that my ISP installed when they installed the fiber optic service.

That's the scenario

Problem:
How can I offer public IP addresses to my hosts behind a secondary router, for example 190.113.O.5 or 190.113.O.6? I'm thinking of BGP internal and external, but I don't have a lot of experience with these routing protocols, what do you think would be the best choice?

Thanks!

mcskiller

Re: Public IP addresses to host behind a secondary router -

Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:32 pm

Same question for me.

Enviado desde mi RAZR HD usando Tapatalk 2

CelticComms
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:37 pm

Is your situation exactly as that old post - or are there significant differences?

lz1dsb
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:53 am

Hi guys,
I've a network that is currently full NATed, we want to move it to use public IP address to the hosts within the network and I don't want to use NAT 1:1 in all devices, cause I've many routers involved. We've our own AS number and public IP range (190.113.X.0/22) granted by LACNIC, so, we've 1024 addresses. I've a CCR1016 to act as the EdgeRouter and a Cisco 2900 that my ISP installed when they installed the fiber optic service.

That's the scenario

Problem:
How can I offer public IP addresses to my hosts behind a secondary router, for example 190.113.O.5 or 190.113.O.6? I'm thinking of BGP internal and external, but I don't have a lot of experience with these routing protocols, what do you think would be the best choice?

Thanks!
According to your description and the provided topology I see two ways to accomplish this:
1. Divide your public prefix into smaller subnets. Than assign those subnets to the branch routers, and use either OSPF or IBGP to distribute them over your
2. Use your internal private networks, but on the CCR make 1:1 NAT for the public prefixes. In your topology as the CCR is the only way out and way in into your network - there's not issue of doing it just there.

Regards,
Boyan

lucho512
just joined

Re: Public IP addresses to host behind a secondary router - BGP?

Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:42 pm

Hola Mauricio el post es viejo pero tengo el mismo problema me comentarias de que forma lo pudiste resolver?

Saludos...

Hello Mauricio post is old but I have the same problem so I would comment that it could solve?

Cheers...