Community discussions

syadnom
Topic Author

how to set OSPF cost with filters.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:43 pm

This is an odd one.

I have some sstp tunnels, I am creating a 'backup' tunnel with a single secret. These come in dynamically and can be labeled:
sstp-backup
sstp-backup-1
sstp-backup-2
sstp-backup-3

because they are dynamic, I can't put an entry is OSPF interfaces to match, so I need to do this dynamically. I want the distance to be 20.

Is there a way to use a route filter, or any other mechanism to set any tunnel with a specific either secret or profile to be OSPF cost = 20?

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: how to set OSPF cost with filters.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:46 pm

You can make those tunnels static. Just add entry in "/interface sstp-server" menu.

syadnom
Topic Author

Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:11 pm

You can make those tunnels static. Just add entry in "/interface sstp-server" menu.
Thanks mrz, that is what I have done, but the 120 sstp interfaces and 120 entries in OSPF interfaces look clumsy, was hoping for something a little more elegant.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:15 pm

If you want for all sstp interfaces distance to be 20, then add specific entries only for ethernets, and then add "all" entry with distance 20.
This "all" will be applied to any interface which is not manually configured in the list.

syadnom
Topic Author

Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:22 pm

If you want for all sstp interfaces distance to be 20, then add specific entries only for ethernets, and then add "all" entry with distance 20.
This "all" will be applied to any interface which is not manually configured in the list.
I have a bunch of sstp interfaces that should be 10. These backup interfaces are the only interfaces that should be 20. Also have some old pptp interfaces that should be 10 until they get decommissioned.