Community discussions

MikroTik App

bluestu
just joined
Topic Author

MPLS/VPLS Setup

Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi, we're looking for some external help to to tweak our network in the following areas:

OSPF is setup but the convergence time can be quite high. We have high-bandwidth between all sites so no problem with a higher overhead to get the failover time down to a few seconds. We also would like to be able to set a path cost on a route if we need to maintain a link etc.

MPLS/VPLS we need to create VPLS tunnels back to a tunnel concentrator so we can do PPPPoE over VPLS. We're using EoIP at the moment and it's terrible performance.

General advice on making the above PPPoE setup redundant with OSPF or VRRP (prefer OSPF).

We're happy to pay of course. I tried to message tomaskir but I haven't made enough posts.

Please do get in touch. Just to add, this is a live communications network so we'll need you to be very experienced and we also need you to explain what you've done in depth so we know how to add / maintain it.

Thanks

jkarras
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: MPLS/VPLS Setup

Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:24 pm

I realize you're looking for one-on-one help but here is a minor suggestion that may help. Have you implemented BFD with your OSPF? It can help minimize the link failure detection. Its best used on links that may be over another carriers MetroEthernet as a down circuit may not equal a down interface on your router.

bluestu
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:55 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply. We've looked at BFD which needs each interface to be configured under Interfaces. When we take manual control over each interface, our OSPF doesn't work as we expect.

That's why we're looking for some external help. An ongoing consultant we can use for years to come when we get out of our depth.

Thanks,

dallas
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:37 pm

I am working on doing ospf mpls vpls but am not done yet.
Cell# 507-383-8012
dallasweitzel @ gmail.com
Network and RF engineer
Traffic Engineer
Dallas Weitzel

IPANetEngineer
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:59 pm

We handle a large number of MPLS networks around the world. Our network engineers have many years of experience in large carrier networks and would be happy to assist you.

Please call us at 855-MIKROTIK to speak with sales and get a quote for your project.
Global - MikroTik Support & Consulting - English | Francais | Español | Portuguese +1 855-645-7684
https://iparchitechs.com/services/mikro ... l-support/ mikrotiksupport@iparchitechs.com

dallas
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:38 pm

Thanks for the offer. I think I got it. Just planning the big migration.

Dallas
Cell# 507-383-8012
dallasweitzel @ gmail.com
Network and RF engineer
Traffic Engineer
Dallas Weitzel

IPANetEngineer
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:45 pm

No problem...I was responding to the OP = bluestu as it seemed like he needed some professional help with MPLS and OPSF convergence tuning.

Good luck with your MPLS rollout and don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need anything!
Global - MikroTik Support & Consulting - English | Francais | Español | Portuguese +1 855-645-7684
https://iparchitechs.com/services/mikro ... l-support/ mikrotiksupport@iparchitechs.com

CelticComms
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply. We've looked at BFD which needs each interface to be configured under Interfaces. When we take manual control over each interface, our OSPF doesn't work as we expect.
Can you clarify what you mean by this? Configuring interfaces is manually is common for several reasons including cost allocation as you alluded to earlier. Before adding MPLS/VPLS it is well worth getting the OSPF under full control!
Interlynx | Networking and Information Security Consultants & Trainers | Email: routerlynx@gmail.com
BGP | EIGRP | OSPF | MPLS | Firewall | VPN | IPsec | Multicast | QOS | IPv4/6 | STP | VLAN | PON | AE | M2M | and more!

bluestu
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:46 pm

No problem...I was responding to the OP = bluestu as it seemed like he needed some professional help with MPLS and OPSF convergence tuning.

Good luck with your MPLS rollout and don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need anything!
We're based in the UK if that affects things? Keen to get you onboard however if the price is right.

IPANetEngineer
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:22 am

UK is no problem as we have done work there before...please call 1-855-MikroTik or email consulting@iparchitechs.com to get a qoute for this kind of work from our sales team.

We have done many PPPoE over MPLS/VPLS deployments in large wireline and WISP service providers..and will be happy to work with you on this project

CelticComms
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:09 pm

When we take manual control over each interface, our OSPF doesn't work as we expect.
This should be simple to fix. You my want to detail a question on this and upload some info. It should be easy to resolve and you would certainly want it resolved before starting on MPLS. Many of the "MPLS" issues that we are asked to resolve turn out to be underlying stability issues rather than an issue with LDP/MPLS/VPLS.
Interlynx | Networking and Information Security Consultants & Trainers | Email: routerlynx@gmail.com
BGP | EIGRP | OSPF | MPLS | Firewall | VPN | IPsec | Multicast | QOS | IPv4/6 | STP | VLAN | PON | AE | M2M | and more!