Community discussions

texmeshtexas
Topic Author

OSPF in 6.18 not acting right

Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:40 am

Customer were complaining about download speeds being terrible. Mostly around 1-1.5Mbps. No matter what their queues are set to.
I have a computer at the a tower site so I was easily able to verify this. Also AirControl tests to CPEs confirmed.

I think this is related to 6.18 as I upgraded over the weekend.

We have two MW links between two sites to get more capacity.
One is 300Mbps FD and the other is 500Mbps FD.

The higher capacity link has 2 /29 addresses defined on it to move more traffic to that side.
After upgrading, many customer complained about slow download speeds.
After doing some testing, I decided to turn off the second subnet on that faster link interface (both sides) and things went back to normal.

Know of any changes to 6.18 that would affect how traffic flows when multiple subnets are defined on the same interface?

lz1dsb
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: OSPF in 6.18 not acting right

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:48 pm

Customer were complaining about download speeds being terrible. Mostly around 1-1.5Mbps. No matter what their queues are set to.
I have a computer at the a tower site so I was easily able to verify this. Also AirControl tests to CPEs confirmed.

I think this is related to 6.18 as I upgraded over the weekend.

We have two MW links between two sites to get more capacity.
One is 300Mbps FD and the other is 500Mbps FD.

The higher capacity link has 2 /29 addresses defined on it to move more traffic to that side.
After upgrading, many customer complained about slow download speeds.
After doing some testing, I decided to turn off the second subnet on that faster link interface (both sides) and things went back to normal.

Know of any changes to 6.18 that would affect how traffic flows when multiple subnets are defined on the same interface?
What kind of a role is OSPF playing here?