MikroTik App

i37
just joined
Topic Author

Can't establish a BGP session

Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:53 am

Hi All,

I've got a CCR1009 with RouterOS 6.2.

I'm trying to establish a BGP connection to my upstream.

In winbox under peers it says the state is "connected" but I can't seem to get the microtik to establish a BGP connection.

I can telnet to my providers IP on port 179, and I can see traffic to 179 in IP > Firewall > Connections.

This command shows me nothing:
# routing bgp advertisements print

# /routing bgp peer print status
Prints:

Flags: X - disabled, E - established
0 name="transit-peer" instance=default remote-address=1.2.3.33 remote-as=12340 tcp-md5-key="" nexthop-choice=deroute-reflect=no hold-time=3m ttl=default in-filter=default-only out-filter="" address-families=ip default-originate=remove-private-as=no as-override=no passive=no use-bfd=no state=connect

Any ideas?

1.2.3.33 in my example is their side of the /30, with mine being 1.2.3.34.

I can ping both sides of the /30 (mine and theres) externally from a different ISP. Router is up but can't get BGP established.

Any ideas?

CelticComms
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Can't establish a BGP session

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:22 pm

The device is attempting a BGP connection rather than "connected". If the connection succeeds it should move to status "Established".

Check the BGP peer details either end and check that the firewall is not blocking the connection.

bedcom
just joined

Re: Can't establish a BGP session

Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:26 pm

was a set up to 3 days and only earned when
rewrite filter to the announcement of your network add action = discard chain = ASxxxxx-bgp-out comment = "******" prefix =! xxx.xxx.xxx.0 / 24