MikroTik App

und3ath
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

OSPF randomly deleting routes

Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:53 pm

Hi all,

can anybody explain to me, how is it possible, that network (several hundreds of RBs) works perfectly for months(everything with NBMA). And when I simply restart some router, OSPF begins to behave crazy. After disabling and enabling instance (or disabling and enabling NBMA neighbours) routes are filled properly and then after some time(maybe 30min - 1 hour) some routes dissapear.
And it takes me couple of days of random disabling and enabling to bring it back.

I have read couple of articles about this problem, but no single solution was given. I think, it is some serious bug in MK OSPF implementation.
I simply cannot rely on OSPF, I have important static routes because of this behaving.
This is pure amaterism!!!

docmarius
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: OSPF randomly deleting routes

Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:44 pm

I had a similar problem with a extremely simple set-up, but never found a solution.
This happens on 6.25 and 6.24. Never tested it on earlier versions.

1 OmniTik with 2 clients on the WLAN connecting to 2 different networks, and 2 IPs allocated to the WLAN interface, one for each network.
A third network was set to be reached via one of the clients, 1 ethernet link connecting to a third network via ethernet.
OSPF set up only on the ethernet port on backbone, and set to export connected and static routes as ext2 (also tried ext1 with the same result).
On another router (RB1100AHx2) there where about 5 other OSPF peers on one instance connected to backbone.

Now everything was working OK on the system for some 20-30 minutes, sometimes up to 1 hour, with the exported routes appearing on the RB1100, and the routes from the RB1100 appearing in the LSA and the routing table of the OmniTik.

After that time, all routes from the RB1100 disappear from the OmniTiks routing table and from the OSPF route list, but still persist in the LSA.
In the OSPF route list, only the static routes to be exported are present.
The exported ext2 routes also did not show up anymore on the RB1100. The OSPF instance showed it was up and running, having 1 neighbor.

After disabling and enabling the OSPF instance entry, everything goes back to normal for another 20-30 minutes.

I never found a workaround for this, and replaced the OSPF routing with static routing.
Last edited by docmarius on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Torturing CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+, RB450G, RB750GL, RB951G-2HnD, RB960PGS, RB260GSP, OmniTIK 5HnD and NetMetal 922UAGS-5HPacD + R11e-5HnD in my home network.

und3ath
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:50 pm

This is exactly the same by me. In lsa is everything ok, but it is lost from routes.
I had a similar problem with a extremely simple set-up, but never found a solution.
This happens on 6.25 and 6.24. Never tested it on earlier versions.

1 OmniTik with 2 clients on the WLAN connecting to 2 different networks, and 2 IPs allocated to the WLAN interface, one for each network.
A third network was set to be reached via one of the clients, 1 ethernet link connecting to a third network via ethernet.
OSPF set up only on the ethernet port on backbone, and set to export connected and static routes as ext2 (also tried ext1 with the same result).
On another router (RB1100AHx2) there where about 5 other OSPF peers on one instance connected to backbone.

Now everything was working OK on the system for some 20-30 minutes, sometimes up to 1 hour, with the exported routes appearing on the RB1100, and the routes from the RB1100 appearing in the LSA and the routing table of the OmniTik.

After that time, all routes from the RB100 disappear from the OmniTiks routing table and from the OSPF route list, but still persist in the LSA.
The exported ext2 routes also did not show up anymore on the RB1100. The OSPF instance showed it was up and running, having 1 neighbor.

After disabling and enabling the OSPF instance entry, everything goes back to normal for another 20-30 minutes.

I never found a workaround for this, and replaced the OSPF routing with static routing.

docmarius
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:11 am

Just one more thing.
Everything was working correctly, up to the moment I added a second IP to the WLAN interface (actually to the bridge the wlan interface is in, as the only port).
Torturing CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+, RB450G, RB750GL, RB951G-2HnD, RB960PGS, RB260GSP, OmniTIK 5HnD and NetMetal 922UAGS-5HPacD + R11e-5HnD in my home network.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:31 am

I thought about replacing the static routing by ospf. Until now. Waiting till this problem is resolved somehow.