Community discussions

MikroTik App

resetsa
just joined
Topic Author

How originate default route in VPNV4

Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:22 pm

Hello!
Please help me originate default route in vrf?
My settings
add redistribute-connected=yes routing-mark=VRF_VPN
add redistribute-connected=yes routing-mark=VRF_PROXY
/routing bgp peer
add address-families=vpnv4 default-originate=always name=192.168.255.9 \
    remote-address=192.168.255.9 remote-as=65530 ttl=default update-source=\
    lo0
but default route not exists in neigborn router in VRF_LAN

resetsa
just joined
Topic Author

Re: How originate default route in VPNV4

Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:36 pm

Sorry, no default route in other router on VRF_VPN

StubArea51
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:18 pm

What I have done in the past is to create a static route with a gateway check and then select 'redistribute static' with a filter to permit the prefix 0.0.0.0/0

That is the only way I am aware of to originate a default route from a MikroTik router within a VPNV4 VRF.

resetsa
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:12 pm

Yes, I'm add default static with distance 254. Other default received from other VRF, throw import route.
MIkrotik not redistribute default route from bgp to other router (this is bad design VRF?).
After add static routes, this route is inactive (distance 254 vs 200 BGP) in route table, but default static route is exists and MK will advertise default route to other routers.
crooked, but it works.

digicomtech
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed May 11, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi,
if you receive default route via another BGP instance on the router you will be able to distribute it by setting redistribute other bgp.

ISP -> R1 --- MPLS cloud --- R2

R1 got two BGP instance, one for the eBGP with ISP and the other for the iBGP / VPNv4.

Regards,
Michael Plourde

bradnz

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:15 am

Hi

I appreciate this is a old thread, but man Im starting to get somewhat jaded by Mikrotiks gear. I have two fundamental issues that I simply cant believe Mikrotik dont support and this is one of them. I have just resolved this myself on our network by applying the default static route with a lower AD than the BGP learned route, which enables this to be redistributed and learned by other routers in the VRF. I then RAISE the AD above the BGP learned default route to ensure this isn't the default router out as I have diverse paths. The default route then remains in the other routers routing tables! Its like it doesn't get removed / withdrawn like the RFC requires!!

THEN the Mikrotik restarts on its own after being up for 110 days, takes down our whole CORE network, and we have to go through the same process again for all our VRFs to get the default route redistributed again.

This is after the first issue I have (which no one has responded to on this forum) about why a specific BGP learned route is imported into another VRF instead of another which has all the superior attributes!

I vent but I just spent a s%$t load on Mikrotik and they are failing me in the most simplistic of areas...

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:37 pm

@bradnz

Have you emailed support@mikrotik.com about your issues?

bradnz

Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:07 am

Hi

I took the following verbatim from the support tab on their website:

"If you have bought a RouterOS license or a RouterBOARD product, limited support service might be provided by e-mail for 30 days after the purchase by support@mikrotik.com."

My devices are about 180 days old now, and about 90 days into production, so I never did. Are you suggesting they will continue to support their products after the 30 days? I find it odd that they say "might"...