Community discussions

MikroTik App

rwrocket
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

VPLS Tunnel won't pass traffic using OSPF NSSA

Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:47 am

Rather new to MPLS + VPLS on Mikrotik and trying to get it working for PPPoE delivery in my lab however I have run into a problem I don't think is MTU related.

For now I have removed all switches bridges etc while I try to troubleshoot why one of my tunnels is not passing traffic.

Here is the scenario

R3 =HEXlite ----------> R2 = RB2011 ---------> R1=CCR1036

********************EDIT******************

Above was my original post but now found out that if I change my OSPF area to default it works. But on NSSA it doesn't

Is this just the way it is ? I can live with it but would like to know if there is a way around it other than changing area type.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: VPLS Tunnel won't pass traffic using OSPF NSSA

Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:33 am

You need loopback address distributed to NSSA area from backbone. Otherwise VPLS tunnel will not be able to establish.
Either you change area to default or set translate-always and inject-summary-lsa.

ploquets
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: VPLS Tunnel won't pass traffic using OSPF NSSA

Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:44 am

You need loopback address distributed to NSSA area from backbone. Otherwise VPLS tunnel will not be able to establish.
Either you change area to default or set translate-always and inject-summary-lsa.
Hello. Please, could you tell me where do I need to translate?

I'm on same scenario, trying to establish a VPLS tunnel between backbone and a NSSA area.

My NSSA area has normally two RB750 and 4 RB912 on each RB750.
What I need is to establish a VPLS tunnel on a RB912 <--> CHR (which is part of my backbone)

Thanks a lot!!!!