Community discussions

MikroTik App

ChanukaD
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik CHR ARP entry issue

Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:13 pm

Hi All,

We have a MikroTik CHR running in our network with third party switches ( Huawei & Cisco ) and Access points ( Aruba ). Sometimes access points are not able to ping from our CHR and it is intermittent. Once I have made the ARP entry into a static binding it is no more intermittent.

This issue persists in both huawei and cisco switch environment and I believe this is related to MikroTik CHR. Pleas share if you face similar issues in CHR environment.

LarryCarberry
just joined

Re: MikroTik CHR ARP entry issue

Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:46 pm

Ich kann Ihnen starburst slot geben, damit Sie bei der Registrierung sofort Boni erhalten, die dann auf Ihr echtes Bankkonto überwiesen werden können

floaty
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: MikroTik CHR ARP entry issue

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:00 am

if this is only happens to your aruba-ap's ...
not to the rest of your network-equipment (like other cisco, huawei ... juniper, alcatel switches ... ) . it smells to me like something is wrong with your vlan-configuration.
whatever ... your aruba-ap's (instant- or controller-ruled) might have a problem with their default-vlan-id/vlan-mappping to the connected switches.
Your MTik-Router is just the device, where you noted the issue from ! ... my best guess: vlan-mapping-issue related to your default-vlan-id (1).
~~
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.