Community discussions

MikroTik App

toxiczka
just joined
Topic Author

CHR Wireless AP

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:44 pm

Hi,

i've the following problem. RouterOS CHR is installed as a KVM guest. A PCI Wireless card is passed via system IOMMU to the guest. This generally works fine, but i am unable to enable the card as wireless interface in bridge AP mode (or any other mode). I always get the errors

no supported channel
scan-list does not contain valid channels
no supported channels in scan-list

Country is set so, if i understand the documentation right, default scan list should contain the correct information.

Is it a feature limitation of CHR, so this shouldn't work or am i doing something wrong?

The exactly same guest configuration, but with routeros x86 installed from iso works fine this way.

Version in both scenarios is 6.38rc15 but problems are the same with 6.37.

Greetings Jan

Stream
just joined

Re: CHR Wireless AP

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:25 am

Hello. I have same issues with RB14e + R11e-5HacD. But RouterOS over Qemu with R11e-5HacD work well.
Could you add support of wireless card in CHR operation system?
Best regards

robberer
just joined

Re: CHR Wireless AP

Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:24 pm

Dear Mikrotik,

same Situation here. AR9280 does not work in 'iommu passthrough' mode with CHR in libvirt/qemu but with 'iommu passthrough' and x86 ROS in libvirt/qemu . Not a big deal right now because i've found the thread here mention that it works with an x86 install on my PCEngine APU2 board , but still. This weird problem took quite a bit of my lifetime to figure out.

regards,
Rob
Last edited by robberer on Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.