Community discussions

MikroTik App

music4
just joined
Topic Author

Failed to request a trial license

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:38 pm

I'm trying to request a trial license from a CHR VM, but I always got error "could not resolve dns name".

Is the CHR license service hosted on google? It's a known issue that google is walled from China. Can anybody tell me FQDN of the license server? Maybe I can add a static DNS entry in the CHR.

Thanks in advance.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Failed to request a trial license

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:44 pm

CHR is not hosted in Google, but in Latvia. You need to be able to resolve licence.mikrotik.com from your Router (try to ping this domain)

music4
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:01 pm

CHR is not hosted in Google, but in Latvia. You need to be able to resolve licence.mikrotik.com from your Router (try to ping this domain)
Yeah, I have figured out the issue. Because I disabled all UDP traffics on IP firewall. After I disabled the 'drop udp' package rule from firewall, license renew succeeded.

So my follow up question is, will CHR keep contacting the license server? Should I enable certain UDP port on firewall?

anmateo
just joined

Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:50 am

Hi all, I am in the same situation:

I have my paid P1 license for CHR. When i was trying to activate it, I always get that "ERROR: could not resolve dns name". But I do resolve licence.mikrotik.com from my Router (i can ping it)

I normally have a Firewall rule that drop all in the input chain (i have another previuos rule for granting access for my well known origins). I tried disabling that rule, and then it worked fine and the Licence get activated.

BUT: i really want to keep the input drop rule. But i suppose that if i keep this rule activated, the router is not being able to contact the license service, and when Deadline comes in two months... i will be fuc*ed

Do we have to put a specific rule in the firewall to let the license service work?

Thank you in advance