Community discussions

MikroTik App

virtualdxs
just joined
Topic Author

CHR EULA?

Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:40 am

I'm looking at using The Dude within a company, but I need to be very careful about licensing. I'd like to put the server on a free (1mbps) CHR, but I need to know what's permitted by the EULA.

Also, does it ever reach out to Mikrotik automatically other than for firmware updates and license checking, and does it do license checking even if you're on the free version?

Finally, as a side note, where is the EULA for the Dude?

vecernik87
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: CHR EULA?

Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:15 am

Hi, maybe offtopic but i think you should know - 1Mbps limit make it really slow everytime you open dude client or open some device window in the client. It will not happen straight away because you will start with empty log and database, but once your database builds up, all these transfers from dude server to client will get slow. I am talking from my own experience - Actually ended up with buying the licence due to speed of UI

elbob2002
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:17 am

Buy a CHR license. It's only $45

Steveocee
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:33 pm

License the CHR to your account for the 30 day trial and then don't upgrade. Full speeds and no cost.

virtualdxs
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:09 am

I haven't worked out the details. I'm just trying to figure out if what's allowed. There's no way I can get this company to approve it without an EULA.

vecernik87
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:30 am

In that case I guess this will apply: https://mikrotik.com/downloadterms.html
I am not aware of any special EULA for CHR or Dude. However, if you are dealing with such corporate approach, best would be to get confirmation directly from sales department of Mikrotik which you can find here: https://mikrotik.com/aboutus
After all, if your boss/client worries about eula that much, word of anonymous person on forum would have no power. If they are overy-caucious, probably printed copy of EULA, hand-signed by mikrotik CEO will be required...

edit: for Dude Client, Licence is included in installation file.

virtualdxs
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:56 pm

I was hoping for somebody to provide a link to an official source. I definitely wasn't going to take anybody's word for it without a link to a Mikrotik EULA.

Thanks for the idea of contacting sales. I think I'll go down that route.