Community discussions

MikroTik App

pndnt
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik CHR always rebooted at certain time (No irq hander)

Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:56 am

Hi All,

I have installed Mikrotik CHR (2core 2GB RAM) on Hyper V, my mikrotik every 11 o'clock got stuck and cannot accesible, when i'm console the mikrotik VM there is an error message "no irq handler for vector" an after that the mikrotik start rebooted. At that time there was no schedule. Please share if anyone have any suggestion.

Thank You,
PnDnT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kindis

Re: Mikrotik CHR always rebooted at certain time (No irq hander)

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:55 pm

What version of Ros are you using and also which version of hyper-v?

pndnt
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:49 am

What version of Ros are you using and also which version of hyper-v?
Hi Kindis,
I use Ros version 6.42.7 and update to latest versiaon 6.43 still got this error.
the Hyper-V version is 6.3.9600.16384

Kindis

Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:01 am

We both have the same version of Windows server but I'm on .18970 but I have not had any issues with this on any lower build anyway. So the CHR build in it self should not be the issue.
Are you running any other VM in the Hyper-V and do they have any issues?
This is a tricky one but I would start with firmware and drivers for the Hyper-V server and see if this helps. I have seen weird behavior of VM's under Hyper-V with bad drivers before. Also try to get the latest patches for Windows Server and see if this + firmware and drivers help.

pndnt
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:16 pm

We both have the same version of Windows server but I'm on .18970 but I have not had any issues with this on any lower build anyway. So the CHR build in it self should not be the issue.
This is a tricky one but I would start with firmware and drivers for the Hyper-V server and see if this helps. I have seen weird behavior of VM's under Hyper-V with bad drivers before. Also try to get the latest patches for Windows Server and see if this + firmware and drivers help.
Hi Kindis,
We have another CHR running in our HyperV but there's no error like this. Last we do a latest windows update is on June 2018, so we should update the windows again ?

Thank You

Kindis

Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi Kindis,
We have another CHR running in our HyperV but there's no error like this. Last we do a latest windows update is on June 2018, so we should update the windows again ?

Thank You
Yes I would as there is a flaw in Hyper-V solved in the September release. This will probably not solve this issue but I would focus on drivers and try to get brand new. Specifically network drivers.