I am wondering what is the expected CPU overhead for the Hypervisor? My ESXI host shows a CPU used % as around 67-70%. However my CHR VM in Winbox shows CPU usage of around 30%. Is it correct that the Hypervisor has around 40% overhead? That seems excessive.
My HW Specs
• CPU: LGA1151 socket for 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor
• Processor: Kaby Lake 7th Gen. i7-7700. Speed: 3.6GHz/8M
• Chipset: Intel® C236
• RAM: 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4-2400
• SSD: 500GB mSata Samsung Evo
• Ethernet: Eight 10/100/1000 Auto MDI-X (4 bypass)
• Fiber: Two 1000 Auto SFP ports
• Fiber: Four 10G SFP+ ports
• Expansion: PCI-E 8x, MiniPCI slot
• USB: 2 x 3.0 ports on front
• Power: 1U redundant 280 W power supply (1+1)
• Operating System: VMware OSXi 6.5 (free edition) / MikroTik RouterOS CHR P10 (10Gig) as a VM
All NICs are running as VMXNET3.