Community discussions

MikroTik App

ehernandez
just joined
Topic Author

problems activating license CHR

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:25 pm

Please help me, I bought a microtik license and when I want to activate it, I get the following error message.
I need to be able to activate it at level p1.
I enclose the error message.

ERROR: could not connect - Unknown error 2140804056

gbudny
just joined

Re: problems activating license CHR

Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:36 am

Hi,

In general activating CHR works with no issues.
To activate license you need to have MT Account and valid CHR license there. If you have pre paid key you have to activate its usage first.
System ID on MT must match ID on the portal.
If you have this MT visible on the portal you can upgrade license from pre paid key there or transfer from/to somewhere else.
Make also you that your CHR can resolve names.
For CHR there is always a trial license so you can try e.g change ID and activate trial first to your account and than upgrade at portal directly.

Hope it helps a little.

radekp
just joined

Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:07 am

Hi,

After trying to renew license I get an error:

"status: ERROR: This System ID is not valid for license"

What is that mean?
Last edited by radekp on Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

coroslav
just joined

Tue May 12, 2020 12:25 pm

I am trying to purchase my first CHR, but also trying to do it through my distributor where I purchase a lot of Mikrotik hardware,
I've found that there is almost no help in wiki about it, and if there is anything written on the web that Google found,, it seems wrong...
Many times there is written that I have 24-hours only for activation, otherwise key (including money paid) will get lost unrecoverrably..

A license is in price list of my distributor just as any other goods.. I click "purchase" and get info - must send SystemID and platform.
Ok, I installed CHR as a free, tested it is working, and I've sent its SystemID, it means, I did placed order and paid the price. Now WHAT?
I have emailed distributor with question what to do, and he said I have to click upgrade license and enter my Mikrotik account In that new CHR.
OK, seems good - I did and all went well, SystemID appeared in list of my CHR licenses as Trial.

BTW - Mikrotik account asks for confirmation of my VAT tax number. But I DO NOT want any invoice from them, I have already paid to local distributor.

Now, they said, that I should somehow see a pre-paid key in my account on mikrotik, which should be then used by clicking Upgrade of the listed CHR. ?
There is no such prepaid key so far. Distributor did not even ask about my Mikrotik account.
Ok, but SystemID sits there, and we are both just waiting. Perhaps within few days it really will appear.
As the SystemID was set when placing my order, I would hope it will get linked to SystemID in my account easily.. Why not automatically..

As I said, I am waiting patiently, and so far I need no more help. I hope..
BUT I really think, that this should really be written somewhere in Mikrotik Wiki..
We are mostly far from being endusers, and we do use our distributors, do we? :-)
I just hope that I am not wrong, because I am just very very far from being sure.

user109
just joined

Tue May 26, 2020 12:15 pm

Hi, I have the same problems, my error message is:
The CHR IP and System ID are vaild.
26-05-_2020_11-04-38.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

coroslav
just joined

Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:04 pm

OK Finally my purchase succeed. It was done somehow by distributor, he let me know that it is ready as a Pre-Paid key in my account.
After that, I did just click Upgrade and select Pay Using Pre-Paid key, system said OK and changed from Trial to Perpetual.

A reply to the above error: Why are You trying to "transfer" Your key?
It seems that it is there perfectly right, and You need just use "Upgrade license" on Your CHR router.
Using the same login and password as the account on mikrotik.com.
If it says "done", check Next-Renewal-At and Deadline-At dates, they should change to +1 month and +2 months from now.
The check whether license is still there, repeats monthly and for ever..

Error says, that there is no other CHR installation that used Your account in Upgrade License command, so You have no target to transfer that key..

Pénzi
just joined

Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:25 am

I tried renew with tranfered lisence, and I got an error:
What does it mean?

Thanks