Community discussions

MikroTik App

shoushi01
just joined
Topic Author

REALTEK 2.5G virtual NIC not working in bridge mode

Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:14 pm

Hi, I have a valid P10 licence and I'm running 6.47.1 CHR on windows 2019 hyper-v host with latest patches.
Apparently I have three virtual NIC for my ROS,
1. wan- intel i350
2. lan-intel i350
3. realtek-realtek 2.5G PCIE ethernet adapter
======================================
I used to have 1 and 2 only in my ROS setup, all other devices connected to a 24 port switch.
Today I plugged a new NIC into my windows server in order to create a high speed network between my PC and my server while remain connected to my old network.
==========================
now the problem is, once i try to "bridge" 2 and 3, the virtual card 3 is "disconnected" and card 2 works just fine.
by "disconnected" i mean all devices attached to that realtek card can no longer acquire valid IP address nor connect to ROS (even with manual IP configuration. but interestingly the router's ARP table did show the correct IP/MAC info. DHCP server also tried to offer IP addresses to the client but unsuccessful).
TIM图片20200719010249.png
TIM截图20200719010957.png
If i remove virtual card 2 port from "bridge" (leaving only card 3 in the bridge) all devices attached to that realtek card works without any problem.
If i create a seperate DHCP server for card 3 and it also works without any problems.

Is this a win server related bug or realtek related bug or ROS related bug? or i simply didn't configure the system correctly?
Now I'm totally confused which direction I should go to diagnose the problem.
Can anyone help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shoushi01
just joined
Topic Author

Re: REALTEK 2.5G virtual NIC not working in bridge mode

Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:37 am

UPDATE: the bridge feature is not working with multiple virtual NIC regardless of its vendor. this is not a realtek related issue. I've just tried CHR beta release with no luck.

shoushi01
just joined
Topic Author

Re: REALTEK 2.5G virtual NIC not working in bridge mode

Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:10 am

OK I've solved the problem by enabling "mac address spoofing" in hyperV virtual NIC configuration page. It basically allow guest OS to send packets in different MAC address other than their pre-assigned MAC address.
Resolved.