Community discussions

MikroTik App

tsouzar
Topic Author

CHR won't recognize second disk

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:27 am

Hello.

I got CHR running fine on a Proxmox host except I can't get it to recognize a second disk I pretend to use for The Dude storage. I did install it from OVA file (extracted it then imported OVF) and Proxmox's storage is a ZFS pool, if that makes any difference.

I tried both VirtIO SCSI and VirtIO SCSI single controllers, tried adding disk on SCSI, SATA, IDE and VirtIO block buses, discard enabled and disabled, no cache, write back cache...

There is never a disk in System/Disk neither on drop down menu after clicking Format Drive.

Can I get some help with this? Thanks.

Kevo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: CHR won't recognize second disk

Tue May 23, 2023 2:17 am

I've run into this too. Wanted to setup a separate disk for container use as I've already had a container fill up the disk with logs and I couldn't run an update. Took me a bit to figure out what file was the issue as it's difficult to deal with files directly in the mikrotik interface. After backing up and deleting things with reckless abandon I realized it was a container with the issue. Restored and shelled into the container and found the offending logs and deleted it.

Now I have found that the second disk I added just doesn't seem to show up in the mikrotik interface. I only see one disk?

vecernik87
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: CHR won't recognize second disk

Tue May 23, 2023 2:32 am

I believe this issue started with v7 and has not been addressed yet. There were plenty of reports of CHR failing to start after v7 upgrade. Unfortunately, for now the only bandaid I know of is using a single disk.