Community discussions

MikroTik App

coyotenq
just joined
Topic Author

RouterOS kernel

Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:22 pm

I'm working on a RouterBoard 433UAH. I'm trying (and with a relatively success) to run a more complex linux system on it. I know Mikrotik don 't support other software than RouterOS, but, in my case, i'm using only your hardware. I need some things that RouterOS can't do, like a NAS, and run a full webserver, mysql... etc..

Point is, i.m using an OpenWRT kernel and a OpenWRT Filesystem. But i have a problem with the kernel. I need to activate all the ETH ports (only one works actually) and the MMC controler (the MicroSD card is not recognized). The rest works fine, i have a full install of the soft i need.

If anyone can, i need the set of the kernel lastest RouterOS is using, so i can get ETHs and MMC to work.

Routerboards are great, the hard is amazing, and with some mods are really versatile. If i can get the hard full recognized, my job can be finished. If anyone are interested in this, i can post more details.

Thanks in advance.

Alejandro

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: RouterOS kernel

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:15 am

write to support for more info on this

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:46 pm

i am very interested in this. do you think you could get a minipci audio card working with openwrt or debian on the routerboard?

http://www.globalamericaninc.com/produc ... id=3507155

Could replace those darn expensive barrax boxes ...

coyotenq
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:52 pm

@changeip: In my tests, using OpenWRT as base kernel (their patches works great with this RB, only a couple of things don't work), i get Debian mips to run on it, with all the software that works on it. OpenWRT supports USB audio... so... probably, you can use this board to your project too.

greetings,
Alejandro

csickles
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:40 am

"Change".. what you up to ??? :) :?