Community discussions

EMOziko
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Convert routeros-guest.vmdk to xen

Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:23 pm

Hello. I have routeros installed in vmware.
Now I am building XEN virtualisation and want to export Routeros image in Xen. But when i am running converted image in Xen, routeros loses its certificate and becomes trial. How can i export without losing cert?
We want new versions of The Dude!!!!!!!

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Convert routeros-guest.vmdk to xen

Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:39 pm

You can't. Licenses are for the hard drive (or NAND storage soldered to a RouterBOARD). If the storage changes the license becomes invalid. Converting the image to a different format changes the virtual hard drive, so the license becomes invalid. You cannot work around that.

You can try to email support@mikrotik.com to get official help. Other users cannot help you with this.
Specific answers require specific questions. When in doubt, post the output of "/ip address print detail", "/ip route print detail", "/interface print detail", "/ip firewall export", and an accurate network diagram.

EMOziko
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Convert routeros-guest.vmdk to xen

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:57 pm

You can't. Licenses are for the hard drive (or NAND storage soldered to a RouterBOARD). If the storage changes the license becomes invalid. Converting the image to a different format changes the virtual hard drive, so the license becomes invalid. You cannot work around that.

You can try to email support@mikrotik.com to get official help. Other users cannot help you with this.
Thank you very much fewi.
We want new versions of The Dude!!!!!!!