Community discussions

MikroTik App

ad1ce
just joined
Topic Author

KVM RouterOS problem

Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:01 pm

Hello. I'm trying to virtualize two routers, but there are several problems.
1. I want to add to each router 2 static ethernet, but static have only unknown and tap interfaces (I can't make static, so I made dynamic). Also, to add dynamic interface I need to add static interface, and after change it to dynamic, otherwise it says that I can't use static interface in dynamic configuration.
2. And much more bigger problem. I can't copy to KVM guest files with size more than 65652 bytes

I've upgraded RouterOs hypervisor and guests from 5.15 to 5.17, but it doesn't help

ps. I can copy big files if I drag and drop them into winbox, but I can't copy through ftp and ssh

alton
just joined

Re: KVM RouterOS problem

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:31 pm

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up. :lol: :)

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:16 pm

could you paste exact commands you use to create interface that does not work. and also, if possible state size of "big files"

Scarlett
just joined

Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:24 am

A routing loop is a common problem with various types of networks, particularly computer networks. They are formed when an error occurs in the operation of the routing algorithm, and as a result

Cameron117
just joined

Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Virtual Router is useful to allow clients or lower-privilege users access their own 'router' and adjust configure as they like without the need for a second hardware.