Community discussions

Kurlec
just joined
Topic Author

CRS328-24P-4S+ Link Downs, Port Isolation, FAN Error

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:31 am

Hi,

Our CRS328-24P-4S+ is currently running on SWOS 2.9 and we are experiencing issues where the switch go into a idle state where no ports are talking to each other and does not pass traffic on ETH or VLANS also the switch is inaccessible during this time until the CRS328-24P-4S+ is rebooted then it runs again for a couple of days, we have replaced the switch as whole with another CRS328-24P-4S+ with SWOS 2.9 and receiving the same issue, we currently have 9 of these CRS328-24P-4S+ in the field all giving problems after 2.9 upgrade and i am unable to downgrade to SWOS 2.8

Also after 3-4 Hours of running we are receiving a red LED FAN failure error on all CRS328-24P-4S+ switches.

Also after upgrade to SWOS 2.9 port 23 and port 24 gives alot of link downs on a basis of 3 days almost 300 link downs, but when we plug that same device into port 22, we receive 0 link downs in 14 days.

SWOS Upgrade page also displaying same SWOS 2.9 as a new release with the same date, even after upgrade still the same

Is there a fix coming soon for this or is there a work around?

Ragnos
just joined

Re: CRS328-24P-4S+ Link Downs, Port Isolation, FAN Error

Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:40 am

I am experiencing the exact same issues. The FAN error occurs randomly with various timespans inbetween. Rebooting via WebInterface does fix this for the moment, that is unless the whole thing freezes. I've already tried a factory reset with restoring the backup, and redoing the whole configuration manually, but that didn't help either.

I've deployed this switch last summer and it worked fine up until this year.