Community discussions

MikroTik App

pedrohafe
just joined
Topic Author

LAG between CSS326 and CCR1036

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:38 pm

Hello everyone

I never did LAG before so I am have some questions. In SwOS, to set LAG I have three options, set active, passive or to create a group. In RouterOS I select the interfaces and set the mode as the bonding will work. I am wondering, is the bonding from RouterOS different from SwOS? Can I set the bonding mode=802.3ad and let the ports of my switch passive? Is it going to work?

Thank you all

pedrohafe
just joined
Topic Author

Re: LAG between CSS326 and CCR1036

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:38 pm

I have found the solution!

You must disable the RSTP from ports which are going to be used, so you can let the ports em passive mode.
In RouterOS, you just set the bonding like you need. In my case, I setted ether1 and ether2 as slaves and rr mode. It has worked!

becs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: LAG between CSS326 and CCR1036

Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Hello,
RouterOS 802.3ad bonding is always in "active" mode, SwOS LAG is 802.3ad compatible and can be configurable to "active" or "passive".
All these configurations will work together because valid LACP configurations are "active-active" and "active-passive".
And the SwOS "static" LAG is compatible with RouterOS "balance-xor" bonding.
Not sure about your whole setup and configuration but I have not seen port blocking by RSTP between LAG ports, however it might be possible when unsupported LAG mode is connected.