Community discussions

MikroTik App

devlprcraft
just joined
Topic Author

RB260GS - Web Administration GUI hangs

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:16 pm

If someone could shed some light on this issue, I'd really appreciate.

RB260GS with SwOS 1.17, is working, I mean as a switch, it keeps working, with its leds blinking, and network traffic properly passing through it, but the Web administration GUI hangs as soon as I try to access it. It happens on either linux or mac osx, safari or firefox. The index page on its embedded web server just hangs... with the html index.html partially loaded. it loads the title "Mikrotik SwOS", the button Logout and the dummy message "Loading..."

Even after power cycling it, manually, this behaviour persists.
I can ping it properly though.

Edit: The following day, suddenly, the web administration GUI showed up and it was working fine. The problem is that the issue will repeat again. It has been happening since previous SwOS versions (1.3 and successive). After logging out, the issue came back.

Edit 2: The switch model is the old RB260GS

Attached screenshot:
Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 18.06.36.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

devlprcraft
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RB260GS - Web Administration GUI hangs

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Adding further information. The RB260GS switch is connected to a Mikrotik RB750GL router, set with a static ip.
Already added it's static IP and mac address to the DCHP server on the router's LAN interface.

I have the switch working properly, but now I can't ping it (static ip address). I can't see the switch's static ip address on arp table at the router. Neither the router can ping the switch, but everything connected to the switch succeeds the pings between them, but the switch.

devlprcraft
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RB260GS - Web Administration GUI hangs  [SOLVED]

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:12 pm

As a note to someone that may face such issue, I'll leave it here.

I have isolated the switch (rb260gs) and router (rb750gl) then I was able to pin point the issue.

After isolating the router, switch and a single linux workstation, I started to ping the switch from the linux workstation. While the ping was ongoing successfully, still on the linux workstation, I opened a browser and pointed it to the switch's admin web gui (http://switch-s_ip_address). At the exact moment I hit the enter key, the ongoing ping started to fail (missing packets due to the lack of response) and all the port's led lights were blinking which indicates that the switch was rebooting. As soon as I cancelled the request (the x button on firefox's address bar) at the browser, the ongoing ping started to succeed (response came back).

With that I disconnected the router from the switch and connected a raspberry pi with linux (raspbian) on it. So I had the switch and two clients, being a linux workstation and a raspberry pi only. I could ping from any client to the switch and successfully access the switch's admin web gui while both clients were pinging the switch's ip address. The moment I connected the switch to the router, the ping on both linux workstation and rpi started failing, the switch's admin web gui became unavailable again and the switch rebooted itself each time I tried to access its admin web gui.

Checking the rb750gl config I have found the IGMP proxy package enabled and the igmp proxy set in order to provide iptv on a vlan.

This fact brought me to the following posts at this forum:

RB260GS IGMP snooping? - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=80054&p=400794&hil ... ts#p400794

filter out multicast - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=54590

So, my fix was to create/apply an ACL rule at the switch (as shown at the second link above) that redirects the multicast packets, with destination ip "224.0.0./4", from the port 1, coming from the router, to any/some specific port/s (port 5 in my case). As indicated on the second link above, if you want to filter multicast packets out, simply select "redirect", but just leave the redirect port numbers deselected.

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 19.03.02.png

Now I have the switch rb260gs properly working, including its admin web gui.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.