Four weeks ago I bought a MikroTik CSS326 smart switch. For the last few weeks it served as a "dumb" switch for a small network environment. I unpacked the switch, plugged in all the PC and the Router. Everything works just fine this way.
Last weekend I wanted to use some of the "smart" features. So I fired up Firefox and tried to connect to my CSS. Firefox since tells me 'ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE'
For one week I tried to do the following to solve this:
* Unplug the router to eliminate bad DNS packages.
* Disconnect all but one PC from the switch.
* Use Chrome, Firefox, Opera, (hence, even Konqueror) to try to connect.
* Connect the PC to every single RJ45 jack just in case the switch does accept connections only on a specific jack
* Hold reset during power up (tried this different times)
* Tried to connect from different flavors of Linux, Windows 7 and Windows 10
* When I use the winbox software it finds the CSS and reports it's IP - but when I try to connect through winbox nothing happens
When I do an intense scan with nmap against the Switch nmap tells me that the host is up but does not accept connections on any port.
So by now I' sitting here with a "dumb" smart switch since I cannot use any of the smart features
Does anyone know a solution to this situation?
A lot of thanks in advance and good night