Community discussions

MikroTik App

kuches
just joined
Topic Author

CSS326 - Cannot connect to GUI [Solved]

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:06 am

Hello everyone

Four weeks ago I bought a MikroTik CSS326 smart switch. For the last few weeks it served as a "dumb" switch for a small network environment. I unpacked the switch, plugged in all the PC and the Router. Everything works just fine this way.

Last weekend I wanted to use some of the "smart" features. So I fired up Firefox and tried to connect to my CSS. Firefox since tells me 'ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE'

For one week I tried to do the following to solve this:
* Unplug the router to eliminate bad DNS packages.
* Disconnect all but one PC from the switch.
* Use Chrome, Firefox, Opera, (hence, even Konqueror) to try to connect.
* Connect the PC to every single RJ45 jack just in case the switch does accept connections only on a specific jack
* Hold reset during power up (tried this different times)
* Tried to connect from different flavors of Linux, Windows 7 and Windows 10
* When I use the winbox software it finds the CSS and reports it's IP - but when I try to connect through winbox nothing happens
When I do an intense scan with nmap against the Switch nmap tells me that the host is up but does not accept connections on any port.

So by now I' sitting here with a "dumb" smart switch since I cannot use any of the smart features :-(

Does anyone know a solution to this situation?

A lot of thanks in advance and good night

-Kuches
Last edited by kuches on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CSS326 - Cannot connect to GUI

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:44 am

Hello everyone

Four weeks ago I bought a MikroTik CSS326 smart switch. For the last few weeks it served as a "dumb" switch for a small network environment. I unpacked the switch, plugged in all the PC and the Router. Everything works just fine this way.

Last weekend I wanted to use some of the "smart" features. So I fired up Firefox and tried to connect to my CSS. Firefox since tells me 'ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE'

For one week I tried to do the following to solve this:
* Unplug the router to eliminate bad DNS packages.
* Disconnect all but one PC from the switch.
* Use Chrome, Firefox, Opera, (hence, even Konqueror) to try to connect.
* Connect the PC to every single RJ45 jack just in case the switch does accept connections only on a specific jack
* Hold reset during power up (tried this different times)
* Tried to connect from different flavors of Linux, Windows 7 and Windows 10
* When I use the winbox software it finds the CSS and reports it's IP - but when I try to connect through winbox nothing happens
When I do an intense scan with nmap against the Switch nmap tells me that the host is up but does not accept connections on any port.

So by now I' sitting here with a "dumb" smart switch since I cannot use any of the smart features :-(

Does anyone know a solution to this situation?

A lot of thanks in advance and good night

-Kuches
First of all, you don’t use WinBox to connect to a switch running SwitchOS, you use a web browser - although it looks like you did that.
Second, is the reported IP on the same subnet as your computer? If you don’t know how to answer that question, what is the reported IP of the switch and what is the IP of your computer?

Sent from a $&@#% iPhone using Tapatalk

kuches
just joined
Topic Author

Solved

Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi there,

up until half an hour ago I was pretty sure I double checked everything that can go wrong on a network. (IP settings, subnet, firewalls, faulty jacks and cable etc.) I already removed the switch from the rack and contacted the vendor for a replacement. But then with the switch sitting lonely on the desk I plugged in power and a single kind of really outdated laptop and gave it a final try.
Guess what - everything works as it should. I put the switch back in its place and did a software update from 2.0 to 2.7.

@k6ccc
Thank you very much for your suggestion. It was your post that made me do that final try. (Well I'm pretty sure I cared about the subnet settings in the first place ... but maybe I messed something up...)

-Kuches

hussainkh3
just joined

Re: CSS326 - Cannot connect to GUI [Solved]

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi,

Has the same problem, purchased two new css326-24g-2s+rm , cannot acess the web GUI through 192.168.88.1 on both switches

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CSS326 - Cannot connect to GUI [Solved]

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:06 pm

Has the same problem, purchased two new css326-24g-2s+rm , cannot acess the web GUI through 192.168.88.1 on both switches
What IP is your computer?