Community discussions

k6ccc
Topic Author

CSS326-24G-2S partial lockup issue

Wed May 23, 2018 7:17 pm

I have a CSS326-24G-2S+RM that is running SwitchOS version 2.7 that sort of locks up once in a while. This switch is about six months old. I'm hoping someone either has seen something similar and / or has some advise.

This switch is in my family room and is powered from a UPS so there should not be a power problem - and none of the other devices on the UPS has had any issues. Both my DSL and cable internet modems connect to this switch (on different VLANs), and then there is a trunk port to my garage data cabinet where there is another switch and both routers. I have a commercial monitoring service that sends a variety of probes to various devices on my network. These are a combination of pings, port probes, and http connections. When a lockup occurs, pings and port probes work, but anything that attempts to establish a connection fails. Even something as simple as a computer plugged into a port of the subject switch on a port that is on the VLAN and subnet that is used for switch management, can ping the switch, but can not establish an http session with the switch. Unfortunately this means I can't see what the switch status is during a failure. To further the issue, except for one time, every time this fails, I'm not at home, so my only troubleshooting avenue is either a VNC or TeamViewer session to one of the house computers - except that I can't establish either a VNC nor TeamViewer session through the failing switch. The one time it failed while I was home, I did put a computer (with a static IP) directly onto a port on the VLAN that is used for management and found that I could ping, but not connect to the switch.

I can restore service by power cycling the switch (or have my kid do it for me when I'm not home). After that, it works for anywhere from 12 hours to several months.

Any ideas?
RB750Gr3, RB750r2, CRS326-24G-2S (in SwitchOS), CSS326-24G-2S, CSS106-5G-1S, RB260GS
Not sure if I beat them in submission, or they beat me into submission

Jim

k6ccc
Topic Author

Re: CSS326-24G-2S partial lockup issue

Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:45 am

Anything?
Still happening.
RB750Gr3, RB750r2, CRS326-24G-2S (in SwitchOS), CSS326-24G-2S, CSS106-5G-1S, RB260GS
Not sure if I beat them in submission, or they beat me into submission

Jim