Community discussions

MikroTik App

Intervence
just joined
Topic Author

CRS328-24P-4S+RM SWOS Config loss

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Hi everyone!
Recently bought MikroTik CRS328-24P-4S+RM to office. I manage to lose control over SWoS, here's how it was:
First it booted with RouterOS.
I am new to SWoS and after rebooting into it I've played with it and switched back to RoS, after that I reset it and chose not to keep default config.
updated packages in RoS and switched back to RoS but it doesn't boot properly - now it shows that device has ip 0.0.0.0 and since there is no way to manage SWoS via winbox now I am unable to connect to it again.
After some struggling with Winbox (I was pretty stunned that I couldn't login with it) and serial console port i've decided to reset it with reset button (during startup) - it comes back with Ros with default config but when I reboot into SWoS it shows ip 0.0.0.0 again.
Tried to reset SWoS with console port with no luck - it reboots and have no IP configured.
How can I get it back to work again?
Thanks

phillipboucher
just joined

Re: CRS328-24P-4S+RM SWOS Config loss

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi
I have exactly the same sort of problems
Newly purchased CRS328-24P-4S+RM unit with default password and user booted into routerOs.

When I tried to select SwOS using System>Routerboard>Settings>selecting SwOS and applying then reboot

Now the unit reboots but is not available using any port or IP address.

Even using Winbox and the MAC address on the bottom of the unit cannot be found.

Also then fans now spin at high speed all the time.

Tried reset which works to put me back into RouterOS then tried again.

Same result :-(

As I only want to use this device as a switch this is very poor.
:(

nuffrespect

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Hi, in new version of ROS 6.43 you can assign IP to SWOS in RouterOS
You have to make start switch in RouterOS update it to 6.43 or netinstall it in ROS 6.43.
After that, start switch in ROS and assign IP in SWOS
As for me, i didn't make it before but they said about this function in changelog
*) swos - implemented "/system swos" menu that allows to upgrade, reset, save or load configuration and change address for dual-boot CRS devices (CLI only);

good luck!

8cqv
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:13 pm

I used the new swos option under ROS on my crs328 to set IP earlier in the week, it works but you have to be sure crs328 cannot see a dhcp server or it takes that IP from dhcp instead of the configured one.

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/SwOS/CSS ... g_RouterOS