MikroTik App

alfred998
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Creating VLAN in CSS326

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:50 pm

I have two CSS326-24G-2S+ with SwOS 2.0

My first attempt (a test) to create a VLAN worked fine.
In Sw1 under VLAN, I set Port 19 with Default VLAN ID 2 (VLAN Mode: Optional, VLAN Receive: Any, Force VLAN ID: Unchecked).
Under VLANs, I set a new VLAN with ID 2, no Port Isolation, no Learning, no Mirror, Members : Ports 1 (router), 2 (Sw2), 18, 19.
In Sw2 under VLANs, I set a new VLAN with ID 2, no Port Isolation, no Learning, no Mirror, Members : Ports 1 (Sw1), 12.

Port 19 connects to a simple switch with two computers. Both of them could only see the computer in Sw1:Port 18 and Sw2:Port 12 (also Sw1, but not Sw2). Other computers in the network could not see the two computers in Sw1:Port 19, and members of VLAN 2 (Sw1:Port 18, Sw2:Port12) could see all computers. For some reason the computer in Port 19 (Sw1) had no internet connectivity, and could not ping the router.

This works fine so I set to do the same with the actual port I'm interested in (Port 13 in Sw2). This port connects to another network which I don't manage, where five computers are set into a VLAN (ID 2 I think), and have IP-s set at the same range as my network. I repeated the same steps :

In Sw1 under VLANs, I set a new VLAN with ID 2, no Port Isolation, no Learning, no Mirror, Members : Ports 1 (router), 2 (Sw2), 18, 19.

VLAN0.png

In Sw2 under VLAN, I set Port 13 with Default VLAN ID 2 (VLAN Mode: Optional, VLAN Receive: Any, Force VLAN ID: Unchecked).

VLAN1.png

Under VLANs, I set a new VLAN with ID 2, no Port Isolation, no Learning, no Mirror, Members : Ports 1 (Sw1), 13, 14.

VLAN2.png

In this case the computers behind Port 13 in Sw2 simply disappear in scans, both from computers that are members of VLAN 2 in Sw1 (Ports 18, 19) and in Sw2 (Port 14). They do appear under Hosts in Sw2, as having VLAN ID 2, but I cant communicate with them. I tried setting Force VLAN ID on for port 13 in Sw2, and every other configuration I could think of, but no change.

Any advise or suggestion is welcomed because I dont know what else to try..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.