MikroTik App

adhielesmana
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

CRS328-4C-20S-4S+ SwOS mode bugs ?

Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi All,

I have CRS328-4C-20S-4S+ just coming last week. then i start installing those switch and booting as SwOS mode with 2 sfp interface attached. all still default.
when traffic passing less than 100 megs, the network is working fine. ping etc working super well.
but once the traffic above 100 megs, the traffic drop, network disconnected and the switch unreachable. forwarding traffic completely not working.
then i have to connect by Ethernet cable on combo port to access the switch. and the switch is reachable by Ethernet. not by fiber sfp. i have to restart the switch to make sfp works again, and the issue keep repeat when the traffic going more above 100 megs

notes : the sfp modules don't have problems, i try several type of sfp the result is same, also i put the same sfp to my other switch CSS326-24G everything working fine. i try several times to make sure what the problem, and im sure the problem is from the CRS328. the reasons why i use CRS328 is i need more sfp port on SWoS mode. i have so many CRS and CSS, i try the sfp on the other switch and router everything's work fine.

kindly help me guys. so this CRS328 will not being useless here :( its costly dear... i feel shy when i recommend this switch to my company and then didn't works :D

Adhie

netflow
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: CRS328-4C-20S-4S+ SwOS mode bugs ?

Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:06 am

CRS328 series shares same CPU as CRS326. Not other brand seems to have picked the same HW. Reading through the forum I see problems similar to yours everywhere and this give me the clear impression they are not production ready yet. I sometimes even wonder how MT managed to bench them at all. Although they looked amazing on paper, I am glad I eventually picked some other brand for my switches. That said, to help for your problem, for whatever reason, the support seems to be slightly better/in advance when using it in RouterOS. Please continue testing and keep reporting your findings. It may eventually help others or raise the attention of MT support team. We all need fast switch with great software, MT please take great care of CxS32x series !

adhielesmana
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:28 am

CRS328 series shares same CPU as CRS326. Not other brand seems to have picked the same HW. Reading through the forum I see problems similar to yours everywhere and this give me the clear impression they are not production ready yet. I sometimes even wonder how MT managed to bench them at all. Although they looked amazing on paper, I am glad I eventually picked some other brand for my switches. That said, to help for your problem, for whatever reason, the support seems to be slightly better/in advance when using it in RouterOS. Please continue testing and keep reporting your findings. It may eventually help others or raise the attention of MT support team. We all need fast switch with great software, MT please take great care of CxS32x series !
Thanks, you make me clear that i'm not only the one.
+ 1 for raising attention.
Please MikroTik release something helpful for this product. only you we depend on :D

andrewant
just joined

Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:24 am

We have similar problem with CRS328-24P-4S+RM - SFP+ interface don't work in Auto negotiation mode. At all.

adhielesmana
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:11 am

It's SOLVED!
Actually I give up, its not really solved :D
after long confused and stress, finally i decide to change it back to RouterOS Mode. and everything working fine. smoothly without any issues. SFP, SFP+ even Combo working fine..

So that's it. SwOS 2.7 is not ready for CRS328-4C-20S-4S+, even now MikroTik have new release SwOS 2.8 but im not interested to try it now, my CRS328-4C-20S-4S+ already on live production.

Thanks All

jonwang
just joined

Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:21 pm

Be careful with these. I put mine into the field this morning to do some testing and even in RouterOS I think there are some serious issues with this hardware. Every time bandwidth neared 100Mbps packets started dropping latency spikes and in general things went south. Cables all checked out and the switch that went back in is running smoothly.

I think I solved my issue by putting this switch at the back of the closet and I'll wait a little while to see if MT can solve the issues or I'll send it back. Always happy with their routers but the switches have been nothing but trouble.

adhielesmana
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:07 am

Be careful with these. I put mine into the field this morning to do some testing and even in RouterOS I think there are some serious issues with this hardware. Every time bandwidth neared 100Mbps packets started dropping latency spikes and in general things went south. Cables all checked out and the switch that went back in is running smoothly.

I think I solved my issue by putting this switch at the back of the closet and I'll wait a little while to see if MT can solve the issues or I'll send it back. Always happy with their routers but the switches have been nothing but trouble.
i feel sorry bro, i know what you feel heheh..