Community discussions

MikroTik App

cwesterfield
just joined
Topic Author

VLAN and Video Problems with CRS328

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:04 pm

My Nortel 5520 starting acting up so I am trying to migrate from it to a CRS328. I'm having a few problems with my wonky VLANs, hopefully due to not understanding how mikrotik stuff works.

crs328-24p-4s+rm SwOS 2.7

On the nortel, I used PVID and untag PVID only to create my vlanned access ports.

My router is pfsense, but it does not handle the vlans. I use proxmox to create the interfaces so no virt has to know about vlans.

----
Problems
  • Pfsense can't get to the camera Vlan
    A laptop plugged into the 501 vlan on port 20 can use the dahua camera finder to see the cameras in the broadcast domain, but I can't ping the gateway or get dhcp
  • IPTV Vlan works, but no multicast traffic can make it to my tvheadend server
    I can get dhcp from my ISP on the IPTV virt, but when i try to attach to a multicast with ffprobe, it doesn't work
----
I feel like the first one is due to having vlans wrong. I'm not sure at all about the second problem.
I'll be in and out of the discord mikrotik room if anyone wants instant feedback or screenshots.
----

| Vlan | Ports                |   Name   |
|------|----------------------|:--------:|
| 1    | 1-18,23,24,SFP1-4    |  Default |
| 4    | 2,SFP1               | Internet |
| 6    | 16,17,SFP1           |   Video  |
| 10   | All                  |   Guest  |
| 500  | All                  |   Phone  |
| 501  | 19-21, SFP1          |  Camera  |
| 502  | All                  |  Unused  |

Images

cwesterfield
just joined
Topic Author

Re: VLAN and Video Problems with CRS328

Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:48 pm

I got a tip from the mikrotik discord to factory reset and update the sw before configuring.

That has got video working!

It seems my only problem now is getting vlan 501 out of proxmox and into the switch using SFP1.

cwesterfield
just joined
Topic Author

Re: VLAN and Video Problems with CRS328

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:13 pm

So Video is working per last update, now I have a pretty good idea where the vlan problem is coming from.

I created a whole new copper interface from proxmox to try and figure out if pfsense or proxmox might be the problem.

The same issues occurred UNTIL I set then new port (P18) to untagged only. Now it accepts the packets and passes them. Pfsense is absolved, proxmox is absolved, SFP1 Trunk is still confusing me.

Using the other port, I'm at least working, just not the way i wanted. I'm not sure if other vlans will suffer the same fate.