Community discussions

MikroTik App

digitec
just joined
Topic Author

RB962UiGS BOOT LOADER PROBLEM

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:35 pm

Hello, I have problem with mentioned device. I have 3 rd piece in my hands now from the same seller and same type but I can not achieve booting it via NETINSTALL software. Other Mikrotik devices I can boot and flash via this software easily (i.e. CRS125, RB941 etc.) !!! But this hardware I have real problem with. When I use WinBox and enter the section /system/routerboard I can see boot loader version 3.41 factory, version 3.41 current and version 3.41 for upgrade even if the installed software inside the device is 6.40b, (I feel there is something weird here, I saw this version 3.41 in hacked devices before but I expect my NEW device should not be hacked however I can not understand why is the boot loader version so low...) I just brought the third box from my supplier but unfortunately even if I select booting option "try ethernet once than NAND" I can not boot the device using Mikrotik's NETINSTALL . It seems there is a short timer inside the inner boot loader that always cuts the UDP stream of NETWORK BOOT from NETINSTALL. If I upgrade the boot loader to laters / version 6.43.7 than boot loader is installed - so far so good,, but when I lock the boot loader via WinBox, than reset the RB962 holding reset for 60-65 sec. than after a while my RB962 reboots expecting NETINSTALL loader via ether 1 ... and here we go, I can not boot the device anymore / it starts booting from NETINSTALL but in a few seconds my RB962 reboots itself and waiting for another 10-15 seconds than reboots infinitely. Means the RB962 is bricked and I have no solution how to use it with NETINSTALL . Any help would be appreciated.