MikroTik App

JazzMaster
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

I am confused with Port Isolation on CSS326-24G Switch

Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:36 am

Swos_portisol_css326.png
What do the Check Marks Stand For? I need to isolate each port on the switch to prevent port to port communication.
1: Port 1 =Unchecked All other ports checked. Would this mean that port one cannot communicate with any other port?
I know that this is a basic question but I am really confused with this.
Help Please
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: I am confused with Port Isolation on CSS326-24G Switch

Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:08 am

The check marks are the ports that the CAN be communicated with. For example, in your screen capture, port 1 can communicate with all other ports.

EdPa
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: I am confused with Port Isolation on CSS326-24G Switch  [SOLVED]

Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:36 pm

The Port Isolation menu can look confusion from the start, you almost need trial and error to wrap your head around.
However, some more description and examples are now added to Wiki. See if this manual looks better now.

JazzMaster
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:14 pm

The check marks are the ports that the CAN be communicated with. For example, in your screen capture, port 1 can communicate with all other ports.
Thank you so very much for the down to earth answer. It never fails that the simplest thing trip you up.

JazzMaster
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:34 pm

The Port Isolation menu can look confusion from the start, you almost need trial and error to wrap your head around.
However, some more description and examples are now added to Wiki. See if this manual looks better now.

I have setup my CSS326-24G Switch using the following settings in "Port Isolation Tab".
Private VLAN.PNG
With the port check marks as in this clip I am unable to get any communication from my WAN port. What am I missing in the setup of this switch? All I want to do is isolate each port from the other and have my wan on port 1.Could someone please point me to the proper configuration of this switch?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JazzMaster
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:50 am

I figured this problem out myself by trial and error. I had the check marks in the wrong column for my application of my wan from my RB750. As soon as I changed this I was ablee to get the proper and complete port isolation from the switch.
I hope this will help someone else.