Community discussions

MikroTik App

Robervaldd
Topic Author

@ Mikrotik will come out resolution for serious problems of CRS3xx and CSS3xx?

Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:41 pm

Our backbones are packed with crsxxx and css3xxx all with the same issues as Rx Overruns, Tx Pauses etc. I was pretty much blinded by the datasheets reporting high backplane, when in fact any port that reaches its limit compromises all the others, in our company we were influenced by the good experience we had with the CRS2XX line switches. Attention of those who want to get these CRS3xx and CSS3xx switches that do not until Mikrotik releases a version that really solves these problems, sorry for the outburst!

Robervaldd
Topic Author

Re: @ Mikrotik will come out resolution for serious problems of CRS3xx and CSS3xx?

Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:47 pm

I will keep this topic on top, I am being badly hurt by such a serious problem and Mikrotik does absolutely nothing to solve!

qamtester
just joined

Re: @ Mikrotik will come out resolution for serious problems of CRS3xx and CSS3xx?

Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:13 pm

What RouterOS version are you running? What firmware version are you running? Have you submitted a ticket to Mikrotik support?

Robervaldd
Topic Author

Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:27 pm

What RouterOS version are you running? What firmware version are you running? Have you submitted a ticket to Mikrotik support?
Hello friend, crs3xx does not work in routers, already sent some tickets but no answers!

Dude2048
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:39 am

CRS3XX is capable of SwitchOS and RouterOS. What are you running?

Robervaldd
Topic Author

Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:14 pm

CRS3XX is capable of SwitchOS and RouterOS. What are you running?

Yes it is capable of running routers but the main functionalities of a manageable switch are lost, in swos we have those functions back but also the major problems is the limitation of the ports, if one of them reaches its limit all the others start to Lose packages.

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:24 pm

Yes it is capable of running routers but the main functionalities of a manageable switch are lost
This is plain wrong. Can you name at least one switch feature that is available in SwOS but not RouterOS?

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:40 am

have you tried RouterOS 6.45.3 (dont forget to upgrade Firmware on System --> Routerboard

There is a hint in 6.45.1 change log:

*) crs3xx - improved switch-chip resource allocation on CRS326, CRS328, CRS305;

Please Try 6.45.3 and share your experience, i am testing 1 CRS326 and look well until now, no RX-Overflow on uplink Interface

This does not apply for CSS, i am waiting too for SWos update fixing problems on CSS 3xx and CSS106

Robervaldd
Topic Author

Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Mikrotik released an update 2.10 for css326 and css106 unfortunately after the update I lost access to them, by neigbhor I saw that they went to version 2.0 I don't know exactly what happened.

What's new in v2.10:

*) do not ignore RSTP port state when forwarding DHCP, PPPoE or IGMP snooped packets;
*) IGMP snooping: send out IGMPv3 queries by default;
*) IGMP snooping: handle IGMPv3 leaves much better;
*) IGMP snooping: handle dropped IGMP reports much better;
*) CRS309, CRS312, CRS317, CRS326Q: fixed ACL matching by ip destination port;
*) CRS309, CRS312, CRS317, CRS326Q: fixed ICMP TTL packet switching;
*) CRS305, CSS106: make ACL work again;
*) CSS106: improve packet forwarding between different speed interfaces;
*) restart RSTP on LACP ports that got disbundled;
*) made disabling of flow-control work as expected;
*) do not account rx-overflows twice in SNMP ifInErrors;
*) CRS328-24P-4S+: make auto upgrade work;
*) CRS326Q: fixed vlan configuration on ports sfp22-sfp24 & qsfp+1.1-qsfp+2.4;
*) added support for unicode symbols in labels;
*) make DHCP & PPPoE snooping work correctly on port trunks;
*) made port lock filter out packets with unknown source addresses;
*) CRS309: make VLAN configuration work;
*) fixed problem where disabled autonegotiation on some SFP modules
became effective only after reboot;
*) CRS305, CRS326, CRS328: improved switch-chip resource allocation;

Robervaldd
Topic Author

Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:01 pm

@andriys and @chechito
My experiences with crs3xx routers were not good, some time ago I tried to use routers on my crs3xx and all corrupted the firmware after the upgrade, so routers don't work for me.

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 pm

@andriys and @chechito
My experiences with crs3xx routers were not good, some time ago I tried to use routers on my crs3xx and all corrupted the firmware after the upgrade, so routers don't work for me.
there is a miss-conception

CRS Line are switches no routers

the fact of using RouterOS does not imply you have to do Routing, as other forum member stated before, all switching features are available on RouterOS

you said you had experience with CRS2xx and that Line Comes only with routeros no option to choose between SwOS or RouterOS

I think The advantage of using RouterOS instead of using SwOS is from the management perspective, with RouterOS you have trafic and resurces Graphics, you have winbox, you have RoMON, you Have API, etc etc etc

I think you another kind of trouble

I am a consultant and i have many CRS 326, CRS 328and CRS 317 deployed on many scenarios working OK, the only issue is the performance penalty when download interfaces reach saturation point or when using mixed speed interfaces causing rx-overflow on uplink interface and decreasing performance

Important performance problem YES

BUT

i have not a single issue like you describe, No problem upgrading up to RouterOS 6.45.3, no corrupted firmware, no rebooting devices, no bricked devices, very reliable and stable operation

I have perceived so much stability that I take the liberty of doing updates remotely without problem, i manage several devices in different country's, zero incidents on upgrading

I am testing 6.45.3 to see if rx-overflow and performance is improved

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:18 pm

Mikrotik released an update 2.10 for css326 and css106 unfortunately after the update I lost access to them, by neigbhor I saw that they went to version 2.0 I don't know exactly what happened.

What's new in v2.10:

*) do not ignore RSTP port state when forwarding DHCP, PPPoE or IGMP snooped packets;
*) IGMP snooping: send out IGMPv3 queries by default;
*) IGMP snooping: handle IGMPv3 leaves much better;
*) IGMP snooping: handle dropped IGMP reports much better;
*) CRS309, CRS312, CRS317, CRS326Q: fixed ACL matching by ip destination port;
*) CRS309, CRS312, CRS317, CRS326Q: fixed ICMP TTL packet switching;
*) CRS305, CSS106: make ACL work again;
*) CSS106: improve packet forwarding between different speed interfaces;
*) restart RSTP on LACP ports that got disbundled;
*) made disabling of flow-control work as expected;
*) do not account rx-overflows twice in SNMP ifInErrors;
*) CRS328-24P-4S+: make auto upgrade work;
*) CRS326Q: fixed vlan configuration on ports sfp22-sfp24 & qsfp+1.1-qsfp+2.4;
*) added support for unicode symbols in labels;
*) make DHCP & PPPoE snooping work correctly on port trunks;
*) made port lock filter out packets with unknown source addresses;
*) CRS309: make VLAN configuration work;
*) fixed problem where disabled autonegotiation on some SFP modules
became effective only after reboot;
*) CRS305, CRS326, CRS328: improved switch-chip resource allocation;
Good news, hopefully the problems are solved in this version

Robervaldd
Topic Author

Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:34 pm

My scenario is simple, I have two 10gb uplink ports between a crs317 and a crs328, in csr328 I have several gigabit ports serving distinct points from 200 to 800mb of traffic if for some reason any of the ports goes to 100mb, all the other ports start losing packages, today Mikrotik released version 2.10 I haven't updated yet to see if it solved the problem, as for the corrupted firmware in crs3xx just look for a little bit in this forum that will find many cases, for me it makes no difference if I use sowos or routeros, what matters is the performance and the stability.

Robervaldd
Topic Author

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:33 pm

All my issues have been resolved after the 2.10 update, thanks everyone!

Dude2048
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:22 pm

But do you understand that switching can be done in an efficient way with RouterOS?

Robervaldd
Topic Author

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:03 pm

But do you understand that switching can be done in an efficient way with RouterOS?
Yes I understand, but as I told you all my crs3xx have corrupted firmware and do not start in RouterOs mode, so I have no way to use it.

In this post there are some cases similar to mine ]https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.p ... netinstall

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:20 pm

Yes I understand, but as I told you all my crs3xx have corrupted firmware and do not start in RouterOs mode, so I have no way to use it.

In this post there are some cases similar to mine ]https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.p ... netinstall

do netinstall

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall