Community discussions

MikroTik App

nfored
just joined
Topic Author

Management Port MAC Address not unique

Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Hello All.
I am new to SWos so maybe this is just how it is but hoping I just did something wrong. on both CSS326-24G-2S+ and CRS309-1G-8S+ all ports seem to share the same MAC address, where this is a problem is when I want to set the management interface to "Allow From Ports". because all ports share the same mac all my upstream switches have the management IP having been resolved by the LACP trunk, and not the dedicated untagged port going directly to the management port. So as soon as I enable this feature so the management ip is only allowed from the management port I lose access because my upstream switches want to send it to the lacp port-channel interface where they learn the mac from.

For clarity sake on the 309, I call port 9 which is the only rj45 the management port, and on the 326 I am calling port 1 where poe in is located the management port.

Attached is a diagram of my wiring. Basically my access switches are trunked with 4x 1G to my 326, and my 309 is trunked with 1 10g to my 326. Each access switch then has an untagged link to one of the 326 or 309. This issue would simply go away if I could give the mgmt port a dedicated mac, I suppose I could do static arp in my access switches but that sounds like a workaround.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.