Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

coolamasta
just joined
Topic Author

LAG nightmare with UniFi Switch :(

Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:55 pm

Hi all, hoping someone can help as I think I am out of options, I have just bought a Cloud Smart Switch 326-24G-2S+RM and I want to create a LAG to my Unifi POE switch, I have created LAG's from the UniFi to Cisco, Netgear and Draytek kit no problem but for the life of me I cannot get one to work with this Mikrotik 326 switch (it is running latest firmware)

So my base network is just VLAN ID 1 which is untagged then I have 4 more tagged VLAN's. I am powering this 326 from the UniFi switch using passive POE so ports 1 & 2 are connected to the UniFi.

On the LAG page setting I have port 1 & 2 set to 'static' and Group = 1
On the VLAN page I have port 1 & 2 set to VLAN mode 'Enabled', VLAN receive 'any' and Default VLAN ID '1'
On the VLANS page I have entered all my VLANs inc number 1 and set which ports can have access to them so port 1 & 2 both have boxes checked for all VLANs

Soon as I then set the UniFi switch to 'Aggregate' over the 2 ports that connect to port 1 & 2 on the 326 I lose network to the 326 (ping fails) and cannot get back on the 326 interface until I change the UniFi back to 'Switching' for the ports, I have tried a bunch of other configurations on the 326 and just getting nowhere, really need to get this working or the 326 will need to get returned otherwise :(

Anyone able to help or point me in right direction?

coolamasta
just joined
Topic Author

Re: LAG nightmare with UniFi Switch :(

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:23 pm

Anyone able to help with this as its driving me nuts :?