Community discussions

MikroTik App

coolamasta
just joined
Topic Author

LAG nightmare with UniFi Switch :(

Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:55 pm

Hi all, hoping someone can help as I think I am out of options, I have just bought a Cloud Smart Switch 326-24G-2S+RM and I want to create a LAG to my Unifi POE switch, I have created LAG's from the UniFi to Cisco, Netgear and Draytek kit no problem but for the life of me I cannot get one to work with this Mikrotik 326 switch (it is running latest firmware)

So my base network is just VLAN ID 1 which is untagged then I have 4 more tagged VLAN's. I am powering this 326 from the UniFi switch using passive POE so ports 1 & 2 are connected to the UniFi.

On the LAG page setting I have port 1 & 2 set to 'static' and Group = 1
On the VLAN page I have port 1 & 2 set to VLAN mode 'Enabled', VLAN receive 'any' and Default VLAN ID '1'
On the VLANS page I have entered all my VLANs inc number 1 and set which ports can have access to them so port 1 & 2 both have boxes checked for all VLANs

Soon as I then set the UniFi switch to 'Aggregate' over the 2 ports that connect to port 1 & 2 on the 326 I lose network to the 326 (ping fails) and cannot get back on the 326 interface until I change the UniFi back to 'Switching' for the ports, I have tried a bunch of other configurations on the 326 and just getting nowhere, really need to get this working or the 326 will need to get returned otherwise :(

Anyone able to help or point me in right direction?

coolamasta
just joined
Topic Author

Re: LAG nightmare with UniFi Switch :(

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:23 pm

Anyone able to help with this as its driving me nuts :?

maxxoverclocker
just joined

Re: LAG nightmare with UniFi Switch :(

Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:29 pm

Hey, just curious- when you say you loose network connectivity, are you *only* checking by pinging the 326? I had similar issues when configuring my CRS317-1G-16S+. You may only be loosing connectivity to the management IP of the switch. Try checking if you can ping other devices on the switch through the LAG. I would set your vlan mode to 'optional' (it's the least restrictive) and make sure that under the 'System' tab, you have all ports checked for the 'Allow From Ports' and 'Trusted Ports' options. I did not find this very intuitive.