Community discussions

MikroTik App

Bogdan0300
just joined
Topic Author

CSS326 VLAN config problems, another topic :)

Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Hello,

I have a problem with a specific arhitecture, I have to say I am more a Server Admin so at network I may have some problems.
I put a basic topology of what i want to acomplish and I dont understand why it is not working. For VLAN creation I am using articles from Mikrotik WIKI from SWOS page.

1. Ok, I have 3 RB750Gx4 every of them with diffrent plublic, static IP serving diffrent services like NS1, NS2, ftp, backup, etc.
2. Under this 3 routers I have 2 CSS-326-24 as core/edge switches
3. At least there are 2 Hyper-v servers with multiple VMs for WEB, storage and other services.

My ideea was to pass every LAN from routers ( 192.168.201.0/24; 202.0/24 and 203.0/24) via access ports in switches and then distribute them using TRUNK ports to the servers where on each VM I can select what VLAN I want to assign.

Problem: All good using one Router, ports in VLAN 201 working gook, DHCP ok, TRUNK ok, ports without vlan are izolated, all good!
When I attache second router on switch, all connections from the switch to routers are down but between computers directly conected to switch ping works.
I have tried without SFP+ backup connection and same problem.

So, I have a miss understanding of concepts, or why it is not working?

Thank you very very much for help and your time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CSS326 VLAN config problems, another topic :)

Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:55 am

Do you have RSTP enabled on routers as well?