Community discussions

MikroTik App

catallguy
just joined
Topic Author

Why isn't 10G available to assign an interface?

Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:16 pm

Is there a reason that 10G isn't a default option for link speed? Is there a way to force to 10G? I guess it only appears when it has a recognized, capable SFP/cable inserted? I have read in some places that auto-negotiate is not possible with 10G links.

I'm having some issues getting my CRS305-1G-4S+IN switches to recognize some DAC cables. I have 2 switches and seems like I have had to fuss with both sometimes to get cables to be recognized, and with a few different brands of cables.

The most problematic cables currently are Nebula L45593-C216-D10 -- I somehow got them to work ONE time but have not been able to get them working since. Other cables are coming up fine. They ran all day once I had them up but when I restarted the switch they were down and I have not been able to bring them back up since.

Any suggestions? The only things I have been able to do to try to get different cables to work is turn on and off auto-negotiation on the switch and peer, restarts, unplug and replug cables etc. It would be nice to force these to 10G only so I don't have to wonder if the auto-negotiation setting is the issue. But the only speeds that come up are 10M/100M/1G

surfnet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Why isn't 10G available to assign an interface?

Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:04 pm

Im having the same problem, with 10g in auto negotiation, the link goes up and down, I need to manually but it in 10g

catallguy
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Why isn't 10G available to assign an interface?

Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:43 am

Just some follow up info..... in SwOS on the CRS305 I can't get the Nebula L45593-C216-D10 to work consistently (oddly, they work once then never again... I believe at 10GbE but am not certain they were that speed). There is no way to force to 10GbE that I can find.

But in ROUTEROS they seem to work at 1GbE. I think maybe even auto negotiation, can't recall. If I force to 10GbE they don't work.