Community discussions

MikroTik App
 
mattlach
just joined
Topic Author
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 7:40 pm

SwOS Update Broke SFP+ Compatibility on CRS305-1G-4S+

Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:40 am

Hi All,

I recently upgraded my CRS305-1G-4S+ to SwOS 2.12. Prior to the upgrade my SFP-GE-T 1000BaseT SFP modules were working perfectly.

They continue to work perfectly on my CRS317-1G-16S+ even on 2.12.

After upgrading to 2.12 - however - I can no longer get a link on them on the little CRS305 switch. The switch still correctly identifies the modules under the SFP tab, but plugging in a cable to them, no link is ever established.

If I move the same SFP module over to my big CRS317 it works just fine.

Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions?

Are they just finicky with third party SFP modules? Would I have better luck with the MikroTik branded ones?

Appreciate any help,
Matt
 
biomesh
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: SwOS Update Broke SFP+ Compatibility on CRS305-1G-4S+

Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:44 am

Can you see if disabling all flow control on the interfaces helps? 2.12 has an issue where flow control is not working correctly and can cause some links to remain "stuck" with pause frames.
 
mattlach
just joined
Topic Author
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 7:40 pm

Re: SwOS Update Broke SFP+ Compatibility on CRS305-1G-4S+

Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:51 am

Can you see if disabling all flow control on the interfaces helps? 2.12 has an issue where flow control is not working correctly and can cause some links to remain "stuck" with pause frames.
Thank you. I will try that, and report back.

Strange that it doesn't do the same thing on my CRS317, if that is the case though.
 
mattlach
just joined
Topic Author
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 7:40 pm

Re: SwOS Update Broke SFP+ Compatibility on CRS305-1G-4S+

Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:37 pm

Can you see if disabling all flow control on the interfaces helps? 2.12 has an issue where flow control is not working correctly and can cause some links to remain "stuck" with pause frames.

My apologies, I got sucked into another project and haven't had the time to spend troubleshooting this one until now.

I do have an update though. At first I thought that only my little switch was affected, and that all the other switches were working fine.

Since then I have realized that I initially mischaracterized the problem. I thought that the copper SFP+ adapter just werren't working, but it was more complicated than that.

SFP+ modules plugged in prior to the firmware update still work on all switches.

SFP+ modules plugged in after the firmware upgrade do not work.

I have not tried removing a module and plugging it back in again to see if it still works, as I cannot lose that link at this time.

I will try the disabling of the flow control as suggested above, as soon as I have a chance.

Any other suggestions are most welcomed.

Thanks,
Matt

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests