Community discussions

MikroTik App

dcol
just joined
Topic Author

Disconnects

Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:40 am

I have a CRS309-1G-8S+IN with SWoS v2.12.
Sometimes when I restart a computer, the SPF+ link goes off and doesn't come back until I power cycle the switch. The Cisco transceiver disappears from the SPF list.
Is there another way to restart the port other than a complete power cycle. Also, why is this happening and is there something I can do to prevent it. I am afraid I may not be around to power cycle the switch if one of the computers restarts. Don't have this issue with my CS328-24P-4S

biomesh
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Disconnects

Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:53 am

There is a known issue with swos 2.12 with flow control. Your ports can go into a paused state. The easiest fix is to just disable rx and tx flow control on all ports.

If the actual sfp is disappearing, this could be a different issue.

dcol
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:21 pm

I already saw those reports and disabled flow control. This is a case where the STP+ port transceivers are disappearing and only a power cycle gets them back. Happens when a computer restarts but not every time. Very intermittent. Never seen it happen while running. Just restarts.

pmfarmwald
just joined

Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:21 am

I'm having the same problem. Sometimes the SFP+ drops out and power cycling restores it.
Also, sometimes when I plug in a new DAC, the CRS309 doesn't see the new connection until after a power cycle.
I tried a beefier power supply, but that doesn't seem to help.
Mike