Community discussions

MikroTik App

mouseskowitz
just joined
Topic Author

Help me please, switch keeps briking on me

Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:11 am

I bought a CRS326-24S+2Q+ thinking I was getting a nice switch that I would be able to work with. All I want to be able to do is layer 2 switching and have future expand ability. It's turned into a huge nightmare and I probably have about a dozen hours into troubleshooting and have gotten no where.

The network is a pfSense router, the CRS326-24S+2Q+, and 2 Unifi 24 port switches. I have ESXi hosts that I want to route and have access to storage over 10 gig. If I go pfSense > CRS326-24S+2Q+ > Unifi > ESXi things work, but if i go pfSense > CRS326-24S+2Q+ > ESXi everything breaks. ESXi VMs are not able to reach pfSense and I permanently loose access to the CRS326-24S+2Q+ management page.

I tried resetting the switch, and still couldn't access the management page. I was told to do a net install, and I still couldn't access the management page. I had to connect with a console cable to reset the switch before I could access the management page again. I then did the minimum config to get the switch routing traffic thinking I may have messed something up in the config, but after trying to fire up a VM connected to the CRS326-24S+2Q+ I'm right back to not being able to access the management page of the switch again.

I'm trying to do this in SwitchOS 2.12 and am coming into the switch from pfSense on a trunk port and going out to ESXi on a trunk port. Am I missing something here, or this thing a steaming pile of garbage?

xvo
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Help me please, switch keeps briking on me

Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:24 am

To get an access from trunk port you might need to specify the correct vlan id for management access (System tab, Allow from VLAN).

mouseskowitz
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:22 am

I loose access to it from the management/boot port.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:08 pm

You are not giving us much info on your configuration. Are you trying to access the switch via one of the trunks or have you designated a specific non-tagged port as your "management" port? As xvo said, you need to tell the switch what port or ports and what VLAN management access is allowed. This is part of mine:
In reality only one of those ports will likely ever have traffic on VLAN 201 destined to the switch, but there are reasons I have the few others - mostly "just in case".