Community discussions

MikroTik App

ef3t2qs
just joined
Topic Author

Problem to access CRS328 with SwOS and IP 0.0.0.0

Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:46 pm

Hello together, I have a new CRS328-24P-4S+RM board, which I would like to use only as as Switch, for this purpose I changed from RouterOS to SwitchOS. After Reboot I could access from my client via Ethernet and static IP Range like the board to 192.168.88.1 and opened the Webinterface of SwitchOS. Afterwards I changed the DHCP configuration I think from default DHCP with fallback to DHCP only and restarted the board, to take the new IP address from the main central router/modem which already have a DHCP server....but after the reboot I could not get connected, because the WinBox windows show up under Neighbors my Board with a MAC address, but without an IP address = 0.0.0.0 !!! In the colum Version the SwitchOS runs with an older version 2.7, after that I looked into the current Changelog 2.12 (https://mikrotik.com/download) of SwitchOS which after my version there were many DHCP errors fixed...

Anyway, how can I get connected back to SwitchOS to make an Upgrade 2.12, maybe the DHCP problem will be fixed, because I can´t connect via MAC-address, because SwitchOS is running :-((((

Please Help, that´s my first Mikrotik Hardware

ef3t2qs
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Problem to access CRS328 with SwOS and IP 0.0.0.0

Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:24 am

Hello together,

I already found the same problem which someone had here: viewtopic.php?t=143970
Before I send the new device back, could someone help me to access the device to update SwOS?
In the attachments you can see my WinBox Neighbours Tab with the found device:
WinBox.png
Is it impossible to get connected for administration?? Could you give an tutorial how to connect via Ethernet or should I buy a special Console Cable (RJ45 to USB) ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ef3t2qs
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Problem to access CRS328 with SwOS and IP 0.0.0.0

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:08 pm

SOLUTION: Buy a Serial Console Cable (RJ45 to USB) and plug into your PC and use Putty as client to connect via Console Cable, then reset your configs:
Choose "r - reset configuration"
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/SwOS/CRS ... _Reinstall

After the reset and a reboot, I could get connected to SwitchOS with the Fallback IP 192.168.88.1 and then I Upgraded the System from 2.7 to 2.12 with the previous downloaded binary file. The Upgrade solves the problem to get an IP of my DHCP server, hope it helps you.